Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just bought a used RS and absolutely knew we wanted a moonroof. Given how small the roof is (would have preferred a larger more panoramic roof), I'm a bit surprised that the roof is a bit noisier than expected, and noisier than a couple of our other cars. Has anyone put on a WeatherTech Sunroof Wind Deflector, or any other wind deflector? Would love to know if it helped, and whether one brand's wind deflector is better than another before installing. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Does your car have that little black deflector that pops up when you open the sunroof (slide back).

Mine was missing it (probably after they replaced the sunroof rails under warranty).

I got them to order and install one which made the sunroof much quieter. That’s worth checking first I guess!

Added a picture of my car where it was missing and a video from youtube where the deflector can be seen at the 1:22. I had a better video to show the service lady at Ford (opening from the outside showing deflector popping up) but could not find it again.

https://youtu.be/g2kLDuPIuR4

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does your car have that little black deflector that pops up when you open the sunroof (slide back).
Thanks. Yes, my little popup deflector is in place. It doesn't seem to help enough; roof isn't super noisy, just too noisy to have a nice conversation without raising our voices. In our Subaru Forester with a much larger roof, we've added a wind deflector and it is much quieter. My rack installer thought I should check around with other RS owners before choosing a wind deflector, so I'm reaching out here. If I can't find someone else who has added a deflector, I'll just do it. It's not an expensive piece. Just don't want to add to car body unless it works.

·
Registered
244 Posts
At what speed does the noise become intolerable to you might I ask? I find mine okay up to 80 km/h and above that I'd just close it anyway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts