Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the heading says it... how do you expect the moon roof to affect the performance of the vehicle? Probably zilch under normal driving, next to nothing with spirited driving? But track and running hard?

·
5,582 Posts
a=F/m
If force(torque) constant and m increases, then a decreases.

·
Registered
81 Posts
The prior owner of my z3 m coupe touted that it having a rare moonroof delete option increased structural rigidity. No idea by what % amount though.

·
Registered
128 Posts
By no means a huge difference, but I don't care about a moonroof, so paying to add weight and decrease headroom made little sense to me.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
459 Posts
By no means a huge difference, but I don't care about a moonroof, so paying to add weight and decrease headroom made little sense to me.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
^^^^^ I have one in my Audi and I don't like the wind noise

·
Banned
346 Posts
^^^^^ I have one in my Audi and I don't like the wind noise
The decreased head room and noise in my 14 ST3 is annoying..... i keep the shade closed 95% of the time...... I'll admit that i wasted money asking for the sunroof..... I didn't make that mistake with the RS, though. When i want to hear the wind, I'll just lower all the windows!! And if i want moor, I'll open the Boot too and get some Super Trunk spoiler action!!! lmao!

·
Registered
441 Posts
I've never owned a car that didnt have either a convertible top or sunroof.... Just can't imagine not having the sky above me! I love open air motoring, the more open, the better. If the Focus turns out to be a good daily driver, I'll be looking for something to replace the S2000 as a summer toy... Preferably open top and V8, along the lines of a Shelby Cobra replica.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I ordered moonroof and plan on tracking my car, but If I need to take my track days or xcross that seriously I will start building a car for purpose. RS is gonna be a fun all round DD with track/Xcross bonuses for me.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
I have had one on my last 4 vehicles, and you know over the years I may have used it 10 times lol. The only thing I'm concerned about is the extra sunglass storage on the overhead console, I don't think it is there unless you have a moonroof.

·
Premium Member
3,301 Posts
I have had one on my last 4 vehicles, and you know over the years I may have used it 10 times lol. The only thing I'm concerned about is the extra sunglass storage on the overhead console, I don't think it is there unless you have a moonroof.
Fairly sure I've see an interior shot, maybe in that 1 hour German video, with sunglass holder without moonroof, but that might be EU spec only.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Rest assured, the non sunroof cars share the same overhead console as their bulkier, see through sister version.

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
It is for the lighting it adds when the sun shade is open and you window tinting blocks the sun :rapture: as you listen to the burple of the engine.

YMMV,

MidCow3

·
Registered
416 Posts
I went for the moonroof because this will be my DD, and IMO the more open the cabin is in the summer, the better. I had one in my old Cobalt SS and I have to say it is the one feature I really truly missed in my last 3 cars. Also when you're driving with people who like to moan about buffeting with the windows down (so very annoying) the moonroof helps immensely.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts