Ford Focus RS Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
It is about being denied a claim for having after market parts on. If you have an increase of horsepower via a re-map, induction, exhaust, intercooler etc and have gone from 345hp to 400, as long as it’s all legal, are you saying my insurance will pay out even if I didn’t declare it?

·
Registered
16 Posts
from my point of view just want standard comprehensive cover if there is ever an accident. i dont particularly want cover for the mods, given they only amount to around 1.5k in value, im happy to write them off if in the event of needing to make a claim.

like i said a lot of these insurers are prepared to cover me, right up until the point i select yes to "has you car any after-market mods'.

OK, so thanks for the tip on Enthusiast. This just in, two same criteria quotes, however one with 'engine ECU and induction mods'

standard qoute - 508 pa with 750 excess
same with mods above - 583 pa with 750 excess.

have to say that is very reasonable...

never heard of these guys before....

·
Registered
782 Posts
Yes they are very good, and if you don't use the car much, like me, it becomes even cheaper again.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Doh.
I have just checked and my other car is with BD. The RS is with Woolworths. The good thing about checking is I have discovered that my insurance is up in about 2 1/2 months. So if Woolworths don’t do mods for a decent $ I will be jumping ship to Enthusiast.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I pay $39/month for mine with an agreed value, and my mods they know about.
Can't go wrong.
You should get your other car through them also.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
$39 a month is hard to beat. I would be more than happy to pay that. Mine would work out at about $65.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I put down 8000k at a guess, full discount, exhaust, induction, re-map. Garaged over night in Victoria, my wife and I over 50 as drivers.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I hadn't heard of these guys either. Just checked them out and they work out cheaper with all the mods I have and want to do.
Looks like I'll have a new insurer by the end of this month when my current runs out.
I posted it yesterday.....I'll post it again

ENTHUSIAST

21 - 31 of 31 Posts