1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
n0oao5mksjeljmzwpz2i.jpg
cihadzjo8pw7dscemk5t.jpg
d44aourozgs1omhhjvvv.jpg
It is still on the MQB architecture but has enough differences to warrant a generational renaming, mainly in the interior and drivetrain.

The big change, we expect, is going to be inside. The rather dreamy VW design chief Klaus Bischoff has told the press that it’ll be super digital inside, as CarAdvice.Au reports. “It’s a revolution. It’s really a total digital environment; the only analogue aspect is basically the steering wheel,” was the quote from Bischoff, back in January 2018.

This does not sound very promising but the warning signs were everywhere. Expect much more electrification in 2020 across all cars. The MK8 GTI will have hybrid assist just like the next Focus RS. I expect that to be the last generation with manual.

·
5,582 Posts
:facepalm:
Not a fan.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I really hope the GTI and R variations have a different front fascia. I can't imagine taking this vehicle into the corners. The car looks like it's bored.

You could be carving canyons with the car, having the time of your life and the front will never stop looking disinterested.

·
Registered
34 Posts
It kindof looks like the new corolla hatchback haha

·
Registered
139 Posts
One day this competition of which car company can make the worst front end will stop. It is not this day.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Yawn....

·
Registered
629 Posts
Mk6 > Mk7 > Mk1 > Mk4 > Mk2 > Mk5 > Mk3 in terms of appearance.
Interesting. I would put mk4 at the top, followed by mk7 and mk1 and mk2. Not such a fan of 6. But it is a fun exercise. And I think most of us would agree that the new 8 is a step backward from 7.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Oh I just realized I didn't even slot Mk8 anywhere in there. I'd put it between Mk4 and Mk2.

·
Super Moderator
15,434 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,434 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,434 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I always thought that I'd want a digital dash, but not if it looks like that. Hopefully it's preproduction, or VW is really trying to push people into Audis for their virtual cockpit.

·
5,582 Posts
Just awful

·
Super Moderator
15,434 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,428 Posts
I always thought that I'd want a digital dash, but not if it looks like that. Hopefully it's preproduction, or VW is really trying to push people into Audis for their virtual cockpit.
The beauty of simplicity and analog dash/gauges is SO much less cost in the event of failure/replacement. Never seen a panel or screen that didn't fail over time. They keep making these vehicles more and more complex and nobody bothers to investigate part replacement. I like the dash and HU more on the current R than this. Looks to be same car, just throwing more BBQ sauce on it to bring attention to it to keep is selling.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts