Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just Want To Rant A Little On This, I Personally Am Dissapointed That The US Spec Wont Come Like The Euro LED Tails As Far As I'm Aware But Any Future RS Owner Ever See A LED Tails Option When They Were Placing Their Order? I Feel Like I Missed It Or Just The US Wont Be Getting The LED What Do You Guys Think?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
image.png image.png
I Dont Know What Youre Trying To Say, But As Far As I Have Seen It Appears That The US Is Indeed Getting The LED Back Lights(havent there been pics of US RS with the LED Lights?)
Here are the two comparsions, the blue RS being Euro Spec (as you can see 3rd break light) and white being US

·
Registered
213 Posts
Here is a picture I took at the Connecticut Auto Show, which should be a US spec car since it doesn't have the light on the diffuser (granted, these are pre-production models):
IMG_20151122_104715 (1).jpg

These tail lights look like the ones on the NB you posted (Europe spec), not the FW.

Edit: Here is a closer look at the tail light, definitely not LED:
IMG_20151122_104848.jpg

Sorry for the blown out details in the lights, these were taken with a cell phone, not a real camera.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
View attachment 3199 View attachment 3200
Here are the two comparsions, the blue RS being Euro Spec (as you can see 3rd break light) and white being US
Here is a picture I took at the Connecticut Auto Show, which should be a US spec car since it doesn't have the light on the diffuser (granted, these are pre-production models):
View attachment 3201

These tail lights look like the ones on the NB you posted (Europe spec), not the FW.

Edit: Here is a closer look at the tail light, definitely not LED:
View attachment 3202

Sorry for the blown out details in the lights, these were taken with a cell phone, not a real camera.
This is a perfect picture and I have still yet to see any focus rs but if it was at the conn. Auto show hopefully we get those taillights as well I know they're not really leds but those look way better than the other tailights ive seen on a us spec one

·
Registered
215 Posts
Umm... It's the law to have a minimum of three brake lights in the US. I think you mean rear fog light.

·
Registered
892 Posts
This is a perfect picture and I have still yet to see any focus rs but if it was at the conn. Auto show hopefully we get those taillights as well I know they're not really leds but those look way better than the other tailights ive seen on a us spec one
I believe you're referring to the running lights (I believe that's what you'd call them), the elongate u-shaped light at the bottom of the housing. All 2016 RS's should come with those lights. I believe your confusion lies in the fact that they
A- aren't always on or
B- many of the photos you have seen are of early test vehicles that were probably using 2015 ST tail light housings.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Boo hoo.....think I'm gonna go ahead and cancel my RS order......
Thanks for your content adding and valuable comment!

I think I'll start a running tally every time someone over reacts with this crap. Hey maybe we can make it a weekly drinking game out of it?

·
Registered
520 Posts
Thanks for your content adding and valuable comment!

I think I'll start a running tally every time someone over reacts with this crap. Hey maybe we can make it a weekly drinking game out of it?
Thanks for your content adding and valuable reply to my comment!

I think I'll start a tally of how many threads were started by someone who seeks to nit pick and critique the RS for even minute features such as the tail lights (seriously? you're gonna complain about the tail lights?).

Gonna prepare for a drinking game like that of my college days!

·
Registered
716 Posts
Thanks for your content adding and valuable reply to my comment!

I think I'll start a tally of how many threads were started by someone who seeks to nit pick and critique the RS for even minute features such as the tail lights (seriously? you're gonna complain about the tail lights?).

Gonna prepare for a drinking game like that of my college days!

Nit picking? Really? I mean people have talked about getting shell seats, auto dimming mirrors, euro head lights, euro diffuser, ect and we're going to call it nit picking? How about modifying (with factory parts even!) the car to your liking?

OPs question was legitimate (abet weirdly worded with a schizophrenic shift key). If somone likes the look of the eruo tail lights and they are LED I feel that would be a reasonable modification to make, no ones canceling their order over incandescent tail lights.

Ah one caveat on the drinking game, we wont be able to allow AARP members to participate for health reasons. Sorry!! ;)

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I dig the euro headlights because they move when you turn the steering wheel. I think of that as a safety thing especially here in portland where the city caters to peds and cyclists. I see myself buying the euro headlights and she'll seats as long as they are still heated.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Nit picking? Really? I mean people have talked about getting shell seats, auto dimming mirrors, euro head lights, euro diffuser, ect and we're going to call it nit picking? How about modifying (with factory parts even!) the car to youre liking?

OPs question was legitimate (abet weirdly worded with a schizophrenic shift key). If somone likes the look of the eruo tail lights and they are LED I feel that would be a reasonable modification to make, no ones canceling their order over incandescent tail lights.

Ah one caveat on the drinking game, we wont be able to allow AARP members to participate for health reasons. Sorry!! ;)
My comment was a sarcastic reply to the OP (since he used the words "disappointed" and "rant" in his post, spelling errors nonwithstanding). Don't worry, no RS order of mine is being cancelled! 😀

And that's true about the drinking game. There would be exclusions LOL.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I dig the euro headlights because they move when you turn the steering wheel. I think of that as a safety thing especially here in portland where the city caters to peds and cyclists. I see myself buying the euro headlights and she'll seats as long as they are still heated.
Didn't someone at Ford confirm that the North American headlights do swivel?

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts