Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this is a weird one. Noticed this morning that the front bumper "plug" or whatever it is called was missing from the front right. No damage - so no one has hit me and I have not hit anything.
Could it have just come off while driving?
Anyone no what the part is actually called and where to get it from?

RS front bumper.jpg

·
Registered
71 Posts
I reckon someone clumsy has walked past and had it caught on their trousers and ripped it off ..

That or someone else is missing the cover and needed it for their own car !

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Didnt realise there was an option for a headlight washer - presume not for Aus delivered vehicles?

Not sure about the trouser theory - unless they are into bdsm and have hooks and spikes on their trousers lol

Will try Ford parts and see what I can get.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Didnt realise there was an option for a headlight washer - presume not for Aus delivered vehicles?

Not sure about the trouser theory - unless they are into bdsm and have hooks and spikes on their trousers lol

Well here's a funny story. I noticed my wifes Kuga seemed to intermittently give a delayed second spray when washing the windshield only sometimes. It also seemed to create a spray at the front of the car. I finally worked out it was only when the headlights were on so it was the headlight washers(doh) I didn't even know it had washers because there was no washer nozzles visible.
Then I operated them through the drivers open door and bugger me those small bumper plates jumped out about 100mm and sprayed washer fluid on the headlights and popped back in again.
I thought they were some sort of front clip mount bolt cover or some such thing.
Well the RS has the exact same thing as std and although I haven't tried it I assume it also has headlight washers. So lights on and hit the washers and see if the small plates pop out and spray the headlights.
Its probably not been attached correctly and when the washer nozzle has re stowed after a spray its popped the cover off.In which case it would be warranty

Ciao

·
Registered
71 Posts

See what lucky phil said below - Aus cars with Xenons come with headlight washers. They pop out when lights are on and you activate the front windscreen washer.

Regarding the trousers - this really is a reach lol .. but it all depends where you've been visiting and parking your car LOL

I still think someone has stolen it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts