Ford Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I'm pretty new around here. Just picked up a NB 2018 RS this week and trying to fix a combination of previous owner stuff and goofy dealership stuff. Going pretty meh so far. Tonight the car threw it's first code (lean) and when looking at the car to troubleshoot an exhaust leak I believe to be the gasket between the turbo and the at some point removed then reinstalled stock downpipe (and the tech who saw the car earlier today claims to be non-existent) causing fresh air to contaminate the exhaust stream causing a lean condition, I found two things I could really use some help with if anyone can shed some light on this.

I have a random connector hanging down just inside the engine bay near the driver side strut area. Don't see anything for it to plug into. Maybe something someone removed? Any thoughts would help.
Shoe Hood Automotive tire Helmet Automotive lighting

I also have a piece missing that looks like a support for the turbo maybe or something. I apologize for the angles of these, just kind of awkward spots to take pictures.
Automotive tire Automotive design Tread Motor vehicle Bumper

Automotive tire Black Flash photography Font Auto part

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
The second and third pic is a bracket that bolts to the factory downpipe, that is missing the other half.

Reactions: Pace

·
Registered
749 Posts
@Pace Connector looks like the BMS sensor connector for the battery. It plugs in on the negative battery cable. The car was definitely partially de-modded.

·
Premium Member
1,412 Posts
As mentioned, the second and third pic is missing the factory downpipe bracket. You can't buy it individually. I know, I've tried. Luckily I did find mine eventually, so I don't know if you need to buy a whole downpipe to get that bracket.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Also confirming the factory downpipe bracket is not a serviceable item. It is part of the downpipe assembly G1FZ-5E212-D. I did a little aftermarket research for you. The cp-e and Milltek downpipes have their own welded on bracket. The Cobb downpipe doesn't use that mounting location at all. It's a safe bet that this car had an aftermarket downpipe and was de-modded, but they lost the bracket. Since Cobb doesn't use it, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Also confirming the factory downpipe bracket is not a serviceable item. It is part of the downpipe assembly G1FZ-5E212-D. I did a little aftermarket research for you. The cp-e and Milltek downpipes have their own welded on bracket. The Cobb downpipe doesn't use that mounting location at all. It's a safe bet that this car had an aftermarket downpipe and was de-modded, but they lost the bracket. Since Cobb doesn't use it, I wouldn't worry too much about it.
Scorpion doesnt use it either

·
Registered
2017 Black RS
451 Posts
Just adding that cp-e pipes (catted and catless) do use that bracket that's missing. The bracket takes the load off the 2 nuts/studs holding the down pipe to the turbo. If it was a 3-bolt flange, I might not bother with it... but I'd use it if's possible.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the help everyone. That all make perfect sense, as there was a catless downpipe on the car when it was traded. I have since found the previous owner and found out a few other things. For better or worse (hopefully better 😅), she's mine now, so I'll just have to watch for someone doing a downpipe that won't need that piece and try to snag it from them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@Pace Connector looks like the BMS sensor connector for the battery. It plugs in on the negative battery cable. The car was definitely partially de-modded.
Any idea why someone would unplug this off hand? 😅 I assume either just a whoops when putting the car back together, but didn't know if this somehow disabled something that I'm just unaware of.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Any idea why someone would unplug this off hand? 😅 I assume either just a whoops when putting the car back together, but didn't know if this somehow disabled something that I'm just unaware of.
Probably just missed at some point.
Other than that 🤷‍♂️

1 - 11 of 11 Posts