Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow MI RS owners, I am looking for recommendations for dealers to do FSA work near the metro Detroit area. I may even be open to driving out a bit.

I know that Demmer Lincoln is the go to choice for MI people, but what other dealers have some of you had success with?

Thanks

·
Registered
100 Posts
Fellow MI RS owners, I am looking for recommendations for dealers to do FSA work near the metro Detroit area. I may even be open to driving out a bit.

I know that Demmer Lincoln is the go to choice for MI people, but what other dealers have some of you had success with?

Thanks
I literally just had mine done last week by Suburban Ford in Ferndale. They took care of some other issues that I had with the car as well. No issues so far.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Thanks
I literally just had mine done last week by Suburban Ford in Ferndale. They took care of some other issues that I had with the car as well. No issues so far.
Agree with twill, the guys at Suburban Ford of Ferndale are great. I started going there a couple years ago and I've never looked back. I've actually became friends with a couple of guys there. Most of the service techs are real car guys and actually live their job!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I had mine done by Hines Park Ford in New Hudson; right off the Milford exit on I-96. I got the car back in 4 days after the parts were ordered on the second day. Car ran very well!! Did notice a small ol leak coming from the front engine cover which was subsequently fixed. I will wait another week to check the results.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I took my RS to Suburban Ford of Ferndale for the head gasket recall per the suggestions here even though I bought it at another Metro Detroit dealership.

I have waited a few weeks to confirm that the work performed was done very well.

RS mileage at the time of the recall was 43,719.

My RS also required the cylinder head to be replaced due to failing the coolant system pressure test. The technician who worked on my RS, Arthur K., rejected the first replacement head due to poor machining he witnessed. With the second head received and approved, he spent multiple times making sure all of the tappets had correct clearances. With the engine buttoned up, new spark plugs and an oil change was performed.

I dropped my RS off on November 5 and had it back on November 8.

If you have not had the head gasket recall performed yet, you should consider taking your RS to
Suburban Ford of Ferndale.

-Jeff

1 - 7 of 7 Posts