Ford Focus RS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
it is the organic twin disk. wasted all day yesterday installing clutch.... failing to seat box to engine. will realign clutch another time 😬. but I feel alignment tool is a joke at this point... would have been better with a metal piece that does not wear down

View attachment 336928

View attachment 336929
Depending on when you got the clutch the tool doesn’t fit correctly. I bought the same clutch a little over a year ago and the alignment tool tip was too narrow. I contacted X-Clutch and they said no one had ever said anything, but they checked and it was wrong. (Supposedly the new kits have the correct tool) I ended up wrapping the tip with painters tape until it was the correct size for the hole. Also I recommend putting a little upward pressure on the tool while initially tightening the bolts. This will ensure the disks don’t slip down before there is enough pressure to hold them.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
thanks, today went well. What I did to install the xtreme clutch is insert the alignment tool and tightened bolts slightly to put pressure on plates and also allow me to move them around but enough torque on bolts to hold plates in new positions.

i removed salve cylinder and mounted transmission. went on easy as it aligned the plates. pulled it out and plates maintained position.

torqued some more and tested again... all good. So I finished torquing all bolts. Mounted slave cylinder and mounted transmission to engine at 35ft lbs.

while mounting PTU i barely got to 35 ft/lbs and damaged the threads. so had to go one size bigger and rethread and torque to 59 ft/lbs.

installed all the cp-e engine mounts.

·
Registered
576 Posts
You need to check the knock sensors. They shouldn’t both be installed with the cord straight down.

Left one (front sensor) should be 6 o’clock and right (rear sensor) should be 3 o’clock. The manual tells you to note stock position and reinstall in the same position. The pic in the manual doesn’t represent the stock position. I’ve even seen “engine builders” make this mistake. I don’t know how much of an effect it has, but better to have them in the stock positions.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Bunch of screen shots of the stock position from the HG thread.

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
I wish you luck. I'm glad to see things finally working out for you. Car should be a beast.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
well car was all ready and decided to install brake lines. while bleeding front and tightning nut it would not seal. :cry::cry::cry: loosened and tightened.. same. removed to see if it was dirty.... was tight... expected the worst. thread on nipple damaged... Also damage on brembo thread. tomorrow will be interesting. never before was it touched so disapointed that it got damaged

·
Registered
225 Posts
Wouldn’t it of been cheaper to re-tap it and get a replacement brake pipe end. You’d of needed to tap both so they would be identical.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
feels safer with a new one. did fix threads but it would still not seal. used a new nipple and eventually overtightned and damaged the training threads.

new one for 220, i thought it would ve like 450

·
Registered
112 Posts
That sucks that you had to pay for that since you never messed with it to begin with. That is the kind of thing I'd expect from a used car. Least things are back on track.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
That sucks that you had to pay for that since you never messed with it to begin with. That is the kind of thing I'd expect from a used car. Least things are back on track.
Yep but as they say, **** does happen. Luckily its a $125 problem, could have been worse.

Ciao

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
i have now dropped in the new engine and hooked everything up. cobb ap Will not connect and dash goes through a cycle of the old faults like engine fault notice and not available driver, selec mode not available etc..... ****. now what? how to clear codes

also I tried to start but need to press clutch but since I'm waiting on the caliper clutch pedal to the floor. do you think that has anything to do with it?

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
No, just engine. I am using a base tune from stratified auto. I started it, cleared codes and no new codes.

Update from today:

on first start I had to shut down cause fuel was leaking from the hose that goes to the radium aux fuel rail right side. the clamp had weakened I guess. good thing it didn't leak on hot engine. i ended up changing all 4 clamps with better solution.

next start their was some smoke from turbo area as it began to warm up.... turned it off. checked... couldn't find anything that would be burning/getting damaged. has new feed lines and such. started again... less smoke. third time got it to working temp ((coolant)) no smoke. maybe it was our oily hands leaving stains on turbo etc.

41 - 60 of 165 Posts