Ford Focus RS Forum banner

381 - 400 of 400 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #381
For the past 23 days the car has just been sitting as i wait for another member to test the twinport wastegate.

I decided to check chargepipe clamps that I can without lifting the car. although I was told I do not have a boost leak.

to.my surprise one bolt on one clamp had movement... hence not tight... hence boost leak.

I the got camera under and flashlight. I had oil most stains around that area. I am guessing that is from before I iinstalled the crankcase catch can. 😳 only reason it did not pop off is because they are ets charge pipes so not as easy i guess.

A while back I noticed a puff of what looked like dust as I accelerated at higher rpm in 1st gear. now i see this must have been air hitting ground under car and dust lifting up. lol in 3rd roll I never noticed as it was moving too fast to notice that.

I will not test until alex tells me. Maybe I break something on current tune and no leak

Attachments

·
Registered
484 Posts
Mines booked in for the 27th August for the twin port, running NX2 and similar cams to you.
Either way, If your friend hasn’t come back to you by then I’ll drop you a line and let you know.
I find Alex to be a good tuner but very abrupt without any flexibility in his ideas basically it’s how I say and everything else is rubbish......

·
Registered
833 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #389
So long since i posted haha because nothing new :cry:

My twinport should arrive in the next 7 to 10 days for some reason trackibg stopped tracking.

Paud for a topup tune to tune with the new wastegate. It would seem that this twinport will be the missing piece to the puzzle. even if it does little at leas i will not be at 100%wgdc hoping for better control of the boost and would simple find a dyno after that.

Saw this today on facebook, so a shout out to the folks at Esslinger engineering for their quality work.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #390
It took longer than expected to arrive but it arrived and I installed it yesterday 🥳

I took it for a spin today to do a datalog and sent it to Alex for review and hoping i can get a revission faster than normal times 🤞

I took a quick view on the logs and see wgdc at like 45% so i lke that better than 100 wgdc.

I have not washed the car in like almost 2 months, once i see progress on the tunes ill clean her up.

·
Registered
144 Posts
It took longer than expected to arrive but it arrived and I installed it yesterday 🥳

I took it for a spin today to do a datalog and sent it to Alex for review and hoping i can get a revission faster than normal times 🤞

I took a quick view on the logs and see wgdc at like 45% so i lke that better than 100 wgdc.

I have not washed the car in like almost 2 months, once i see progress on the tunes ill clean her up.

View attachment 344523

View attachment 344524

View attachment 344525
I'm anxious to find out what she can do. good luck..have fun..dont blow a hg😉

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
So long since i posted haha because nothing new :cry:

My twinport should arrive in the next 7 to 10 days for some reason trackibg stopped tracking.

Paud for a topup tune to tune with the new wastegate. It would seem that this twinport will be the missing piece to the puzzle. even if it does little at leas i will not be at 100%wgdc hoping for better control of the boost and would simple find a dyno after that.

Saw this today on facebook, so a shout out to the folks at Esslinger engineering for their quality work.

View attachment 343582
Hmmm, haven't I been saying this for years? The factory machining is suspect and the best thing you can do is get it redone if you're a "Keep it forever guy"

Ciao

·
Registered
38 Posts
Such a good thread.
mexrs - I'm basically going to copy your engine build from Esslinger, is there anything you recommend adding to it?

I'm currently running ETS cooler, pipes, exhaust, scorpion decat, stratified tune. Now I'm paranoid my car is a ticking time bomb with all the bad stories I've read lol. I service is every 5000km but I will soon order a new engine and have it shipped to Australia by Esslinger.

Thanks!

·
Registered
484 Posts
@mexrs

You should be able to hold a solid 35/36 psi by the time your done.

I opted for a flat 2 bar on mine works really well, as I'm not interested in ringing every last bhp out of my motor (y)

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #399
Such a good thread.
mexrs - I'm basically going to copy your engine build from Esslinger, is there anything you recommend adding to it?

I'm currently running ETS cooler, pipes, exhaust, scorpion decat, stratified tune. Now I'm paranoid my car is a ticking time bomb with all the bad stories I've read lol. I service is every 5000km but I will soon order a new engine and have it shipped to Australia by Esslinger.

Thanks!
Only issue i had was the vvt gear ticking noise. That i fixed with the tune as I mentioned in earlier post in the thread. drop them a message on facebook and they will give you options. check with customs about duties.

@mexrs

You should be able to hold a solid 35/36 psi by the time your done.

I opted for a flat 2 bar on mine works really well, as I'm not interested in ringing every last bhp out of my motor (y)
Not sure on 35 psi, due to my available fuel. but i think if i end up with 470 to.500 whp i am happy. will dyno when done.

35 psi...i wanna be on that levelo_O
bet it is wild.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did another data log yesrerday on a new tune. 27 held all the way. 👌🍻🥳🙂 now I wait on next tune revission

381 - 400 of 400 Posts