Ford Focus RS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
true, but assuming someone has used it can give us an idea on average how much it would last and under what conditions. :)
Too many factors and variables. In the WRX crowd I roll with, the norm is a gallon a week. But that's at 14 psi with a Snow kit...others are set for WOT, lower boost, have bigger turbos, etc.

·
Registered
78 Posts
My tuner thought it would be good for adding about 40 whp on the rs (already tuned car). I've been waiting for an install date. The benefits of the additional octane paired with the valve washing seems like a win to me. For regerence, I had it on a previous turbo car and used about a gallon per month but it was a nights and weekends car.

·
Registered
346 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Snow and Aquamist have very advanced Systems in their range against the simple AEM system.
Is it worth to invest in the higher priced systems?
I think the more advanced systems are also more difficult to dial in.
If you overshot the with WMI injection then the AFR will go richer but the ECU will correct that, right?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Snow and Aquamist have very advanced Systems in their range against the simple AEM system.
Is it worth to invest in the higher priced systems?
I think the more advanced systems are also more difficult to dial in.
If you overshot the with WMI injection then the AFR will go richer but the ECU will correct that, right?
Tuning comes into play big time with WMI, most tune for safety with the additional power. Here is a thread I had many many years ago from Focaljet on my SVT's setup, I believe I hit on the AFR in this if not i'll find it :) Questions on Water/Meth + JRSC BBK

·
Registered
61 Posts
what was the car mods already. I plan on doing the same thing as I did on the evo 9 and keep the stock turbo with 60% meth 40% distilled water and tune the injection to come on about 15 psi of boost. Since the top end is where the RS Drops of significantly, 40HP more uptop would be perfect. 400 torque with keeping the HP near 400 is golden!!!!

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I wonder what you guys think. I decided to stick to this thread instead of starting a new one. For the meth kit i would need to tap the charge pipe about 6 inches before the throttle body and another option is to use something like this 2016 + Focus RS Throttle Body Spacer - Boomba Racing, Inc. it has a side port. But how would this be any good cause that would be after the throttle body.

So....

On the one hand the kits say to inject 6 inches before throttle body and so i wonder what you guys think of using a spacer?

I might just have to drill the charge pipe but it is such a pain to remove it. Went on pretty tight lol.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Nice setup how's that working I was just thinking about doing it too I'm running mine just before the throttle body

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
My eco truck has it right before the body and works amazing. As for this I have yet to run it. It's under construction right now and should be done in time for track day next Friday. I'll post times when done

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Has anyone run the Aquamist Kits on these cars? I have an HSF-3.1 From my 04 STI. Now the kit runs off of Fuel flow and Manifold pressure. Is that compatible still with these engines? I'm new to the Ecoboost platform so I'm not sure of all the ins and outs with these. I looked on the Aquamist website, they show a controller for DI engines but, the controller I have, has the port for connection to DI injectors. Do I just need to wire that in and I'm good or is there any other Pieces I need to make this work?

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Has anyone run the Aquamist Kits on these cars? I have an HSF-3.1 From my 04 STI. Now the kit runs off of Fuel flow and Manifold pressure. Is that compatible still with these engines? I'm new to the Ecoboost platform so I'm not sure of all the ins and outs with these. I looked on the Aquamist website, they show a controller for DI engines but, the controller I have, has the port for connection to DI injectors. Do I just need to wire that in and I'm good or is there any other Pieces I need to make this work?
I am in the process of installing an Aquamist HSF4 for direct port injection. I don't know the differences between the 3 and 4 systems to give you an answer. Email Richard to find out. [email protected]

·
Registered
165 Posts
Are there many risks running meth? Is the engine for prone to damage if you don't run it correctly?
How hard is a standard kit like snow to install? I already have the meth bungs on my CPe piping so just out of curiosity

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Are there many risks running meth? Is the engine for prone to damage if you don't run it correctly?
How hard is a standard kit like snow to install? I already have the meth bungs on my CPe piping so just out of curiosity
If you have a pump or line failure and no fail safe wired up, you'll run lean and blow something up more than likely.

There isn't really anyway to run it 'incorrectly' except not matching the nozzle size to your power goals for tuning.

Install is really straight forward, just takes planning to know where you want the tank, to run lines, and where it is injecting. Tune after.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
I have the Snow Performance kit and cp-e pipes. Install took about four hours because I went with the larger reservoir and placed it in the hatch.

Unless you ignore the low fluid warning, you have a very small chance of being at the set boost level without meth.

·
Registered
2017 ford focus RS
3 Posts
You can install the sprayer in several different locations and get somewhat different results. The 6" thing sounds right as I think that is where my truck is located on my rs is a bit better. I did direct port and ran the alky system for full meth.
What nozzels size or number do you have?

21 - 40 of 40 Posts