Ford Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone using a methanol injection kit on their focus RS? I am thinking of getting an AEM or snow performance kit. I live in hot climate so this would be a no brainer i think and besides the boost in octane (max i have is 92 here) so with higher octane the RS would be reborn lol.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I used methanol on my fiesta ST. and loved it. Besides the HP factor, it will also clean your intake valves. which is great for these cars. Just be safe with it and you will be good to go. I had the AEM kit. and it worked really well.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Do it.

·
Premium Member
2,445 Posts
How are meth kits activated on our cars?

Simple boost reference? If it's that simple, it seems like it would be good insurance for all of us warm temperature peeps.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yes, The AEM Kit was activated by boost. You just run a small vacuum line to a boost reference and to the controller. It's also progressive or Full-on all the time whichever you prefer. Theres a start dial and a "full" dial you can start as low as 1 psi(but recommended at 25% full boost) and full on wherever you would like(usually close to full PSI). Or in full-on mode turn the start dial to the psi you want it to come on and turn the full-on dial lower than the start dial and it will automatically come full on at the start psi.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
How are meth kits activated on our cars?

Simple boost reference? If it's that simple, it seems like it would be good insurance for all of us warm temperature peeps.
Depends on the kit. My aquamist reads more than boost. It has flow tables for IDC and boost requests.

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
the most universal complete kit on the market is aem kit. we have them in stock and on the website.

with your forum discount its hard to beat and we can help answer any questions with meth. we have used it a decent amount on ecoboost cars.

thank you

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have meth/water injection on the evo. Just picked up the RS this past weekend and plan on using the AEM. anyone know what power incread you can get on a stock RS. With the evo I was able to pick up about 100HP.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts