Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Wyatt here from Motion Control Suspension. We've had several of you phone in asking questions and we certainly welcome you to do so, we are here to help. With that said, we have decided to make this thread to cover some of the questions that we are frequently asked.

What damper systems are available from MCS for the Focus RS?

Our 1WNR, 2WNR, 2W, and 3W systems are available.

Are MCS dampers for the Focus RS designed for coil-over configuration?

We offer both coil-over and non coil-over configurations for the Focus RS. Most folks are opting for the non coil-over (divorced) configuration.

What springs and camber plates come with MCS dampers?

MCS does not provide coil-over kits or out of the box solutions. We manufacture high quality dampers that can be paired with components intended for your your application and use. This “a la carte” model allows you to build a package that best suits your needs. MCS dealers can consult with you to develop a package that works best for you. Both Ground Control and Vorshlag provide camber plate solutions for this model.

What size springs can be paired with MCS dampers?

We have three spring perch sizes available. 2.25”, 60mm, and 2.5”. Your preference can be specified when placing an order with your dealer.

Where are MCS dampers manufactured?

MCS dampers are manufactured at our headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia. Each damper is hand assembled and then dyno tested before it leaves our facility.

What about service intervals?

Service intervals depend entirely on the use of your damper set. Typically, it is wise to service your dampers every 20-25,000 miles. MCS dampers are serviced by MCS directly, in the same facility in which the dampers were built. Turn around time is usually less than a week.

Where can I purchase MCS dampers?

MCS dampers can be purchased through any of our dealers. SethSpec was the first to introduce a complete system with MCS dampers and headed up the project with us.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi All,

Wyatt here from Motion Control Suspension. We've had several of you phone in asking questions and we certainly welcome you to do so, we are here to help. With that said, we have decided to make this thread to cover some of the questions that we are frequently asked.

What damper systems are available from MCS for the Focus RS?

Our 1WNR, 2WNR, 2W, and 3W systems are available.

Are MCS dampers for the Focus RS designed for coil-over configuration?

We offer both coil-over and non coil-over configurations for the Focus RS. Most folks are opting for the non coil-over (divorced) configuration.

What springs and camber plates come with MCS dampers?

MCS does not provide coil-over kits or out of the box solutions. We manufacture high quality dampers that can be paired with components intended for your your application and use. This “a la carte” model allows you to build a package that best suits your needs. MCS dealers can consult with you to develop a package that works best for you. Both Ground Control and Vorshlag provide camber plate solutions for this model.

What size springs can be paired with MCS dampers?

We have three spring perch sizes available. 2.25”, 60mm, and 2.5”. Your preference can be specified when placing an order with your dealer.

Where are MCS dampers manufactured?

MCS dampers are manufactured at our headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia. Each damper is hand assembled and then dyno tested before it leaves our facility.

What about service intervals?

Service intervals depend entirely on the use of your damper set. Typically, it is wise to service your dampers every 20-25,000 miles. MCS dampers are serviced by MCS directly, in the same facility in which the dampers were built. Turn around time is usually less than a week.

Where can I purchase MCS dampers?

MCS dampers can be purchased through any of our dealers. SethSpec was the first to introduce a complete system with MCS dampers and headed up the project with us.
Do you recommend getting "dustboots" to keep dirt and other large debris from the shaft? I'm not sure I've seen a kit that comes with one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you recommend getting "dustboots" to keep dirt and other large debris from the shaft? I'm not sure I've seen a kit that comes with one.
No need for dust boots - the wiper seal located on the dust cap at the top of the body where the shaft enters is more than sufficient. The shafts being exposed to the elements will not cause any harm.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts