Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Aaron for all of the help in getting this CBE, you have the best prices I could find online and combined with your excellent customer service and prompt shipping(free 2nd day air!) my experience was great.
Thanks!!! We appreciate your business.

·
Registered
302 Posts
whats benefits in power?
On the stock tune you don't feel much difference if any in power, maybe a little more flow at the top of the RPM's...if you tuned for it though you get about 20 additional hp.

I'm loving the sound now though, I went with the 409 SS MBRP CBE and it's just such a rich and deep sound. No drone on the highway also, it's really a great system for the money.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
None. Our ECUs target peak HP and TQ numbers, if you install a mod which makes those targets easier to reach the ECU makes adjustments so it doesn't overshoot.
Your statement is almost right on a stock tune... it won't allow more PEAK power, but it will allow for more power across the board before it hits peak power. The peak point is very small range, you still gain more over 90% of the curve.

As stated above if your tuned, this all goes away, you have no peak point, and it can and will climb above this point.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts