Ford Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my fellow RS owners. I recently was rear-ended by an F150, see below for damage. Fortunately the driver was insured, admitted guilt, and so far his insurance company, Progressive, has been excellent. As of yesterday, 1/11/22, my car is at the body shop. I have no idea whether genuine OEM parts are available for a 2017 RS1 and/or how easily available they are, but I want to be prepared if the shop cannot find the required parts for the repair.

Does anybody have a source for readily available new or used RS parts such as rear hatch, maybe rear glass, bumper cover, the parts underneath the bumper, rear valence and related parts and trim? Again, I don't know if I'll need these parts, but better to start the investigation now. I'm willing to purchase used parts if they are in good shape.

What's the "normal" supply chain like right now for OEM RS parts?

Thanks for your input.

Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
123 Posts
When I rebuilt my RS I used Tasca for ordering everything except the hood and front fender. That was back in 19 but wouldn't hurt to check with their stock. When I ordered they were great to work with.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I got rear ended in September last year and needed new tail lights, rear bumper, tailgate and windshield. Because of the supply chain issues it took about 3 months to get all the OEM parts. Everything was new except the tailgate.

·
Registered
2017 Focus RS
81 Posts
I dont think The rear hatch needs to be RS Specific, a normal Focus Hatch should work.
The internal crash structure also should be fine with a Non RS specific part.
The rear bumper and difusser will need to be RS specific. OEM parts will probably on back order, but you can always look parts on EBay, they have a good selection there of both OEM used parts or aftermarket if you want to get it fixed ASAP. Best of luck!

·
Registered
248 Posts
This is a bummer because the hatch is a unique RS part that to my knowledge is no longer available. The regular Focus hatch does fit. But in resale that will potentially bring the value down.

I have an RS with a door replacement, and it's a similar story... The car is fine and looks normal on the outside but a trained eye knows the door isn't original which bothers me.

I am currently looking for a NB right fender (this isn't an RS specific part but I'd prefer a NB to start with) and it seems there are very few RS being parted out. Of course it's still worth looking around.

There are search engines out there for junkyards which, if any are out there, can help you look for them.

Good luck!

·
Registered
203 Posts
I dont think The rear hatch needs to be RS Specific, a normal Focus Hatch should work.
The internal crash structure also should be fine with a Non RS specific part.
The rear bumper and difusser will need to be RS specific. OEM parts will probably on back order, but you can always look parts on EBay, they have a good selection there of both OEM used parts or aftermarket if you want to get it fixed ASAP. Best of luck!
Rs hatch is unfortunately different from st and base

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.