Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I called the Maryland dealers listed below and EVERY SINGLE ONE is planning to charge an added dealer markup on the car. One salesman even told me that all of the GM's of the dealers had a conference call and decided unilaterally that they were all going to charge ADM, so to expect ADM everywhere. In hopes of helping Maryland owners avoid rapeage, I would advise you to do what I ended up doing. I called an MSRP dealer and ordered a car and I'm having it drop shipped to a local dealer, the cost for the dropship is $250, car comes right from the port to the local dealer. Might as well not feed into this behavior.

If anyone has any additional information from the dealers I did not bother contacting, or has an update for the dealer list, reply in this thread and I'll update this post.

Might as well keep tabs on these fools to make it better for us and not for them. As well all know, Maryland, New York and California are probably bottom of the barrel for car salesman.

Here is the purchase agreement I set up for my dealer, so that I insured that what we discussed was what I was buying was the same as what he was selling

https://www.google.com/search?q=ford+dealerships+in+maryland&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a#q=ford+dealerships+in+maryland&rflfq=1&rlha=0&tbm=lcl

Koons Ford of Baltimore - guaranteed ADM
(125)
Ford Dealer · Security Blvd
(410) 298-3800
Open until 9:00 pm

Liberty Ford Inc - none allocated
(56)
Car Dealer · Liberty Rd
(410) 220-2454
Open until 8:00 pm

Century Ford of Mt. Airy - wasn't sure, believes there will be none allocated
(15)
Used Car Dealer · Century Dr
(301) 829-2800

Al Packer's White Marsh Ford - guaranteed ADM, waiting to sell the cars or take deposits until they are on site in May
(171)
Ford Dealer · Pulaski Highway
(443) 777-5000

Sheehy Ford Lincoln Gaithersburg (waiting for a call back, never called back, ADM was implied
(220)
Ford Dealer · N Frederick Rd
(855) 790-2950

Sheehy Ford / Marlow Heights (waiting for a call back, never called back, ADM was implied
(90)
Ford Dealer · 5000 Auth Road
(301) 761-5922

Waldorf Ford - Unknown
(59)
Ford Dealer · Crain Hwy
(301) 843-2400

The Frederick Motor Company - These people are clowns, they said they would charge MSRP after I asked them about ADM and when I went there they said they wanted to have an ADM, I wouldn't recommend them to anyone
(62)
Ford Dealer · Waverley Dr
(301) 663-6111

Apple Ford Lincoln - These people are clowns, they said they would charge MSRP after I asked them about ADM and when I went there they said they wanted to have an ADM, I wouldn't recommend them to anyone
(136)
Car Dealer · Stanford Blvd
(866) 841-9642

Len Stoler Ford - (waiting for a call back, never called back, ADM was implied)
(29)
Ford Dealer · Reisterstown Rd
(443) 487-4825

Norris Ford - was not sure, salesman I called was a bit of a tool
(48)
Ford Dealer · Merritt Blvd
(410) 285-0200

Plaza Ford - definitely adding ADM
(32)
Ford Dealer · Belair Rd
(410) 838-3100

Bob Bell Ford - definitely adding ADM
(25)
Ford Dealer · Ritchie Hwy
(410) 766-3600

Koons Sterling Ford - (waiting for a call back, never called back, ADM was implied)
(301)
Car Dealer · Harry Byrd Hwy
(703) 430-7700

*************************************************************************** I gave up at this point and went out of state

Carman Ford Lincoln
(113)
Ford Dealer · S Dupont Hwy
(302) 323-2300

Koons Silver Spring Ford
(236)
Ford Dealer · Automobile Blvd
(301) 890-6100

Ramsey Ford of Elkton
(32)
Ford Dealer · E Pulaski Hwy
(800) 816-8328

DARCARS Ford Lanham
(55)
Ford Dealer · Lanham Severn Rd
(301) 459-1100

Denton Ford
Ford Dealer · Double Hills Rd
(877) 861-7041

Bob Davidson Ford Lincoln
(66)
Ford Dealer · E Joppa Rd
(877) 730-9538

·
Registered
148 Posts
Bravo to you sir! Glad that their are folks with my same mindset and don't take this kind of treatment lying down.

·
Registered
119 Posts
So where did you end up ordering if you don't mind.

I'm going to test drive a STI and EVO X GSR today. Also my local Mazda dealer is willing to put me 2nd on the list for a AWD Mazdaspeed3 if they end up coming to our shores.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
ADM is only going to affect the people who must have an RS now. I honestly don't mind waiting and see how the aftermarket is doing so I can start modding asap. There are many people out there who will no pay mark up and it won't be long before dealers start sitting on those RS's only to have 2017's around the corner.

Remember if you want to barter, last few days of the month, even better would be last few days of the quarter. 1st quarter is usually the slowest but it will be too early for the RS, end of June would be the next best bet. Walk in 3 days before and do not hesitate to walk out, and you should receive a call next day ready to bend or at least compromise on a deal.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Good info. I exchanged some preliminary emails with Koon's and they were clueless but this was weeks ago.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you do not want to pay ADM, go somewhere else (out of state) and drop ship it. If you want to pay ADM, Koons should be getting the most out of all MD dealers because of their size.

Good info. I exchanged some preliminary emails with Koon's and they were clueless but this was weeks ago.

·
Registered
42 Posts
my deal is I probably want to drive and sit in the thing before I buy one. I'm sure it's going to be awesome but this is really a prereq for me and these things are going to be pretty much spoken for so I'm guessing that's not going to be a possibility anytime soon. :-/

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Since Deleware is so small, I can add them to this if you can post the list and the results

Think I'm going to start this same thread for Delaware potential buyers...not a bad idea at all.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
From my understanding of what I heard, yes. It probably is legal whatever they did, but yes they all got together and decided they were going to mark them up.

Did they just admit to collusion and price fixing..?

·
Registered
271 Posts
That's crazy, my owner is stuck at 2500 ADM but I'm trying to sway hi to MSRP.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I am in New Jersey just outside of Philadelphia and the largest Ford dealer in my area won't give me a price yet. I asked them what their plan was and they said there would add ADM and I told them I would buy elsewhere and they really didn't care. I won't post their name until I actually hear back from them since they haven't called me back in over two weeks. I don't want to say they are charging extra until i hear it from them, at this point I am only assuming they are.
In any event I have an agreement to have my RS ordered at MSRP or lower come Monday the 12th from another dealership. I really hope they do call me so I can let them know I placed an order elsewhere.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am in New Jersey just outside of Philadelphia and the largest Ford dealer in my area won't give me a price yet. I asked them what their plan was and they said there would add ADM and I told them I would buy elsewhere and they really didn't care. I won't post their name until I actually hear back from them since they haven't called me back in over two weeks. I don't want to say they are charging extra until i hear it from them, at this point I am only assuming they are.
In any event I have an agreement to have my RS ordered at MSRP or lower come Monday the 12th from another dealership. I really hope they do call me so I can let them know I placed an order elsewhere.
I'm in SJ too...waiting to hear from a Ford dealer outside of Philly. When I inquired about the GT350 they said there would definitely be a markup but will be less for a current customer. I'm waiting to hear the markup on the RS. I would love to find one at MSRP.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Cowles Ford in Woodbridge didn't charge me a markup, and Purvis Ford in Fredericksburg called me today to ask if I was still interested in ordering one. Not certain if they would charge a markup.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts