Ford Focus RS Forum banner

121 - 123 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've put 600 miles on my new '18 and noticed a squeaking noise on some turn-in, and over some bumps. I looked today and sure enough, the damn shipping blocks weren't removed. Argh! That's just sloppy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Here's an update on my spring spacer experience. I discovered that my dealer had left them in after several months and an embarrassing number of miles. The result was that both spring perches were bent. Conflicting priorities prevented me from doing anything about it then. The warranty is now about to expire (it's a 2016) and the sunroof has been acting up, so when I took it into the dealer for that, I also expressed my dissatisfaction about the spring spacer incident. I showed them the pictures I took when I found them, the resulting damage, and what an unbent spring perch looks like. Much to my surprise, they replaced both front struts free of charge without me having to put up much of a fight.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Here's an update on my spring spacer experience. I discovered that my dealer had left them in after several months and an embarrassing number of miles. The result was that both spring perches were bent. Conflicting priorities prevented me from doing anything about it then. The warranty is now about to expire (it's a 2016) and the sunroof has been acting up, so when I took it into the dealer for that, I also expressed my dissatisfaction about the spring spacer incident. I showed them the pictures I took when I found them, the resulting damage, and what an unbent spring perch looks like. Much to my surprise, they replaced both front struts without me having to put up much of a fight.
Looks like you got the newest revisions on the front, good job! You might want to get the rev 1 dampers for the rear to put the corners on the newest revisions. It's supposed to make the ride noticeably more tolerable.

121 - 123 of 123 Posts