·
5,608 Posts
How lazy are Ford pdi?

Sigh..
:(

·
Registered
148 Posts
Did this after a very bouncy 100 mile drive from the dealership home. I initially took it to 2 local dealers to get them done, but they said they were too booked to do it. Ended up using my floor jack to jack up the front end and was able to grab all 4 of them out by hand. Much better ride now.

Did anyone get them on the rear end of the car?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Did this after a very bouncy 100 mile drive from the dealership home. I initially took it to 2 local dealers to get them done, but they said they were too booked to do it. Ended up using my floor jack to jack up the front end and was able to grab all 4 of them out by hand. Much better ride now.

Did anyone get them on the rear end of the car?
There isn't suppose to be any on the back. It mostly for ramp clearance during transportation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
5,608 Posts
Sweet jebus.
This looks like an epidemic.

Sigh...

·
Registered
87 Posts
That's just awful.

The sticker explaining the need and direction to remove the blocks is about as obvious as it can be, without being completely ridiculous and covering the entire windshield. And we all know that even if they did make the sticker that big, some people would still ignore it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My first job, we had interns placing warning signs not to paint windows on vehicles (assembly plant). People will find a way to screw things up. We consider these workers to be more effective than a team of lawyers (finding ways to circumvent engineering drawings and etc).

Any way to confirm if that spring seat is bent? The RS rides MUCH better now after I removed the blocks.

I forgot that the car doesn't come with jack stands. So I had to drive to store and pick up a hydraulic jack.

·
5,608 Posts
Quote Einstein
The universe may be finite, but human stupidity is infinite...

·
Premium Member
942 Posts
Must have run out of gray ones. First time I've seen yellow. Maybe they should try florescent orange ones. Someone at the dealer might actually notice they are there! Can you believe people are still picking them up this way. Unbelievable!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Must have run out of gray ones. First time I've seen yellow. Maybe they should try florescent orange ones. Someone at the dealer might actually notice they are there! Can you believe people are still picking them up this way. Unbelievable!
They should have flags with pull tabs attached to the fenders. I had to pull mine out as well and they were mangled.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I want to take action on this slip up. Checked tire pressure and that was still high. Ride and braking is so much better after dropping to 46 psi.

Dealer said they didn't finish PDI. And to come in at my convenience. I don't have time for that bs.

They should be sued for this. I requested in writing from Ford about damage due to this. And of course the dealer stopped responding. I'll go make a visit to the service department in a day or so.

Any ideas on action (legal or otherwise)? Does Ford care? Maybe I contact them?

I did note on survey about PDI fail.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for sharing. Mine does make noise right out off lot. The blocks were there.

Also, The ride was very bumpy and I check tire pressure which results in 55 - 65 psi. Something wrong on quality control from PDI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any ideas anyone?

I just found this wedged in between my front spring. Anyone have any idea what it is. Is it a component fallen down or something that has flicked up and miraculously got stuck......

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,708 Posts
Those are shipping blocks from the trip over from Germany. Your dealership during clean-up didn't see the warning decals that they were to be removed.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Picked up my new 2017 RS today and the gray spacers were there. Jacked the car up and pulled out two per front side. I still hear an occasional squeak from somewhere under the car so I'll need to look a little more closely.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Drove my new 2017 RS for the last 2 weeks and nearly 600 miles without checking the springs, I sure wish I had seen this thread earlier. Started hearing a squeal at ~500 miles and googled it, immediately found this thread. Sure enough the freaking shipping blocks were wedged between the springs and the wheel well. Jacked each side up and pulled them out by hand, the blocks were seriously messed up/bent out of shape too. Noticed an increase in ride quality immediately. These dealerships need to step up their quality control.

Opinions on any lasting damage from 600 miles with the blocks on the springs? I suspect the springs are fine, but you never know...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just had them pulled out of mine, with 350 miles. But what really pisses me off is I had read about this issue on this forum, and made sure I told the salesman to have this taken care of during PDI. Then when I picked up the car, I asked the salesman again...did they remove the shipping blocks. He replied that, yes, they removed the shipping blocks. Then last week I started to hear the squeaky/grindy noise. Bunch of morons!!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Had mine removed a few days after taking delivery too. The dealership gave me a gas card to make up for the inconvenience. I don't fault them, they usually sell trucks only.

81 - 100 of 123 Posts