Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I spoke with my local dealer the other day and I told him I had an RS already ordered at another dealship and was wondering if it could be serviced at my local dealership and he advised that he didnt know. I know when the GTR came out you could only take it to nissan dealers that had trained GTR mechanics. So im wondering if this is the same for the RS or could we take our cars to any dealership to have the maintenance work done?

Registered
I'd say you can take it to any ford dealer but you do pose a good question. We are no GTR though.

Registered
Other than the GKN fancy bits, the RS is pretty simple stuff. We know from an unnamed GKN engineer that the RDU (clutch packs/differential for the AWD) is not a "serviceable" item. Rather it is a replaceable one. So I can't imagine your average Ford Service Center not being able to handle maintenance on the RS. As a GTR owner, I can tell you that the Nissan "GTR Certified" dealerships didn't have a clue what they were doing when that car came out in 2008-9. It was painful.

Registered
Lets hope a replacable RDU means we can put better ones in which are tested for more Torque. I want to break the 550 Torque with the new RS.

I just realised Im jumping from 350NM to 470NM and losing 2 seconds when doing 0-100 when switching cars. IM SO EXCITEEEED

Registered
I'd say you can take it to any ford dealer but you do pose a good question. We are no GTR though.
Agreed. Given that the RS is at least 85-90% the same as a regular grocery-getting Focus, I foresee no reasons why Ford would need to have certified mechanics for the RS. I could see that for the GT, but not the RS.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts