Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone hear a loud click when you flash the main beams?
I never have had this on other cars but its definitely noticeable on the RS. Kind of like a loud "tinny" relay click. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
64 Posts
It's normal for bi-xenon lights like ours.

Pulled from The Retrofit Source:

How bi-xenon projectors work:
Bi-xenon means each projector has both a low and high beam pattern. Here, the light cutoff shield inside the projector is on a hinge. When powered, the bi-xenon solenoid pulls or pushes this flap/shield down to expose more light through the lens – thus creating the high beam pattern. When the high beam is deactivated, the cutoff shield retracts to its normal low beam position. If you ever researched HID headlights, you probably know its bad to flash an HID bulb on and off repeatedly like you would when using a high beam on a dark road. Bi-xenon projector systems are not subject to this problem because when toggling between low and high beams – the bulb is constantly lit, does not move, get any brighter, etc. The projector creates the high beam, not the bulb.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
273 Posts
It's normal for bi-xenon lights like ours.

Pulled from The Retrofit Source:

How bi-xenon projectors work:
Bi-xenon means each projector has both a low and high beam pattern. Here, the light cutoff shield inside the projector is on a hinge. When powered, the bi-xenon solenoid pulls or pushes this flap/shield down to expose more light through the lens – thus creating the high beam pattern. When the high beam is deactivated, the cutoff shield retracts to its normal low beam position. If you ever researched HID headlights, you probably know its bad to flash an HID bulb on and off repeatedly like you would when using a high beam on a dark road. Bi-xenon projector systems are not subject to this problem because when toggling between low and high beams – the bulb is constantly lit, does not move, get any brighter, etc. The projector creates the high beam, not the bulb.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Thanks for your "illuminating" reply. Sorry could not resist but good post.

·
Registered
64 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts