Ford Focus RS Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Yea I was second owner at 22k and then starting beating on it a couple thousand later. Honestly that was in 2019 and the ford dealer by my house is huge. I feel like they just needed work and also “ oh look another one”

The only evidence I have of a previous modder is shorted out fog lights(aftermarket). Oh and yellow tint on the fogs. No other changes. Lol and I think the under trays were already missing. Lol

16 Ford Focus RS Grey
Eibach Sways /Adamtuned Auxfuel Kit/ Cobb AdamTuned/ Dsc Sport Controller/ Radium PcV CC./ K+N air filter//Full Race IC// Tune Plus Turbosmart IWG/ E76/ NGK LTR7BHX (95605) 1-step colder Ruthenium Spark Plugs/UPR Cc breather// DynoJet 8-Run Avg (417.23wtq/399.26whp)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I fell that’s exactly what happened. We have one that is doing that currently with 2.0 ecoboost.
Everyone that has issues just gets a new motor and turbo no real digging.
Heck one I know was closely tracking boost. Had a misfire cyl 2 first 1000 rpm. They just said head gasket didn’t even check plugs. Then said oh turbo is bad also.
Think they are low on sales and getting ford to help fill that gap with service

·
Registered
261 Posts
Id be surprised if the turbo was fried. I'm leaning towards you having a hole in your block. Lets see what it is.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Good chance when you put a hole in the block some piece takes out the turbo. Unless you mean the motor popped and not just the turbo

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
If you know of any good dealers and have all the stock parts, I would give it the college try and put it to stock and say you were just driving and it went boom. If you car it’s heavily modified I have nothing to add.

Note: I had downpipe and e30 tune and turbo blew @27k and destroyed the long block. Engine locked up. I took it to my mechanic. Drained the tanks, checked the oil level, made it look stock, and then played the “well these things blow all the time game and it’s not my fault”.

16 Ford Focus RS Grey
Eibach Sways /Adamtuned Auxfuel Kit/ Cobb AdamTuned/ Dsc Sport Controller/ Radium PcV CC./ K+N air filter//Full Race IC// Tune Plus Turbosmart IWG/ E76/ NGK LTR7BHX (95605) 1-step colder Ruthenium Spark Plugs/UPR Cc breather// DynoJet 8-Run Avg (417.23wtq/399.26whp)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...and then people like me have to jump through 1000 hoops and submit a NASA like proposal just to get my car fixed because I am guilty before proven innocent.

Reactions: braap

·
Registered
2017 SG RS1
1,169 Posts
Welcome and sorry for your situation. Posts like these make me nervous for the first mods + tune I'm about to get
There's really nothing to worry about as long as you go with a reputable tuner. I've been tuned for 3 years now, and my RS is still in top form.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Most DTCs shown are transmission related. Maybe the gearbox/clutch exploded somehow? Anyways, post pictures if you can.

·
Registered
67 Posts
There's really nothing to worry about as long as you go with a reputable tuner. I've been tuned for 3 years now, and my RS is still in top form.
I'm going with Tune+ and aside from some customer service qualms, I've heard his tuning is reputable

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
So I was driving last night and right when I got to peak boost there was a loud bang and a fire ball coming out of my hood. Now it won’t even turn over and there was oil all over the road. Did my turbo blow? Head gasket? Thanks in advance.
Just out of interest, what spec is your RS currently

·
Registered
1,778 Posts

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Junkyard spec..it has a blown engine......🤦‍♂️
Whilst that may now be true still be good to know exact spec, whether forged or not, add ons, etc

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
You did say "currently"

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
You did say "currently"
Semantics at the end of the day 🤣🤣
Whether the engine is in a thousand pieces or rip roaring down the road the vehicle spec (I.e. add ons, turbo, map, forged, etc) are still the same 😉🤔

21 - 36 of 36 Posts