Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

So I was driving last night and right when I got to peak boost there was a loud bang and a fire ball coming out of my hood. Now it won’t even turn over and there was oil all over the road. Did my turbo blow? Head gasket? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Have you checked the flux capacitor?

Reactions: RS_Mike

·
Registered
2017 SG RS1
1,169 Posts
Probably blew the welds on the intake

·
Registered
270 Posts

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Wow... do you have dash cam to show us and start disassembling it and go from there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
As your car is modified, you can kiss your warranty goodbye. Ford and Dealers won't touch it with a 10ft pole.

Hope its not your daily driver, cause this isn't a quick fix.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Yep sounds like you have an expensive fix on your hands. Just hope it’s only the motor and parts didn’t take out the trans, ptu, or turbo.
Sound like the tune was off.
Who was the tuner? May help narrow it down.

·
Registered
2017 SG RS1
1,169 Posts
I have a carbon fiber hood.
Well, "had" a carbon fiber hood, technically... Sorry, couldn't help myself. Definitely sounds like major damage, and an expensive fix.

·
Registered
159 Posts
If you know of any good dealers and have all the stock parts, I would give it the college try and put it to stock and say you were just driving and it went boom. If you car it’s heavily modified I have nothing to add.

Note: I had downpipe and e30 tune and turbo blew @27k and destroyed the long block. Engine locked up. I took it to my mechanic. Drained the tanks, checked the oil level, made it look stock, and then played the “well these things blow all the time game and it’s not my fault”.

16 Ford Focus RS Grey
Eibach Sways /Adamtuned Auxfuel Kit/ Cobb AdamTuned/ Dsc Sport Controller/ Radium PcV CC./ K+N air filter//Full Race IC// Tune Plus Turbosmart IWG/ E76/ NGK LTR7BHX (95605) 1-step colder Ruthenium Spark Plugs/UPR Cc breather// DynoJet 8-Run Avg (417.23wtq/399.26whp)

·
Registered
445 Posts
If you know of any good dealers and have all the stock parts, I would give it the college try and put it to stock and say you were just driving and it went boom. If you car it’s heavily modified I have nothing to add.

Note: I had downpipe and e30 tune and turbo blew @27k and destroyed the long block. Engine locked up. I took it to my mechanic. Drained the tanks, checked the oil level, made it look stock, and then played the “well these things blow all the time game and it’s not my fault”.

16 Ford Focus RS Grey
Eibach Sways /Adamtuned Auxfuel Kit/ Cobb AdamTuned/ Dsc Sport Controller/ Radium PcV CC./ K+N air filter//Full Race IC// Tune Plus Turbosmart IWG/ E76/ NGK LTR7BHX (95605) 1-step colder Ruthenium Spark Plugs/UPR Cc breather// DynoJet 8-Run Avg (417.23wtq/399.26whp)

I see you're a man of culture

·
Registered
913 Posts
Part of the reason they are thought to blow all the time are because of guys like you. I’m not judging just pointing out how we all know how the game is played and hats off for getting it covered.
27k sounds like someone was pushing that turbo a bit to hard.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Part of the reason they are thought to blow all the time are because of guys like you. I’m not judging just pointing out how we all know how the game is played and hats off for getting it covered.
27k sounds like someone was pushing that turbo a bit to hard.
Yea I was second owner at 22k and then starting beating on it a couple thousand later. Honestly that was in 2019 and the ford dealer by my house is huge. I feel like they just needed work and also “ oh look another one”

The only evidence I have of a previous modder is shorted out fog lights(aftermarket). Oh and yellow tint on the fogs. No other changes. Lol and I think the under trays were already missing. Lol

16 Ford Focus RS Grey

·
Registered
270 Posts
OP. Get under the car, bring a flashlight and take a look. If you have a hole in your engine with oil leaking out all over the place, probably won't be too hard to find. Sounds like you sent some internals through your block if I had to guess...

·
Registered
270 Posts
full boost, -3 ignition corrections, running lean AF....stay in it, it will buff out....

1 - 20 of 36 Posts