Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did this a few weeks back, realizing I didn't take any real pics.

Did anyone install one of these?
(Sorry about the sideways, site seems to be rotating)
IMG_0494.jpg

IMG_0348.JPG

Same as doing the shift boot I believe.
I couldn't really get the OE plastic lockout to budge.
I finally did but when I went to re assemble I didn't stuff the boot fringe ends in correctly before it popped back in.
I wanted to re do it, So I ordered a spare plastic mechanism so I don't have to be so timid, give it a good pull and I'll give it some heat.
Does anybody have any insight into popping this off? Just muscle it?

·
Registered
583 Posts
Ill follow your lead, (hands you my flashlight) and now walk the lonely road in the back of you the adventurer. lol

I got nothing

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I got the blue titanium to match my LW round titanium knob. That clip snaps on tight, so I doubt you'll get it off without breaking it. If you have a replacement, just tear that mfer out.

I also destroyed the ****ty stock lockout trying to remove it. I was very carefull too, so I have no idea how anyone can get that off intact.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
I got the blue titanium to match my LW round titanium knob. That clip snaps on tight, so I doubt you'll get it off without breaking it. If you have a replacement, just tear that mfer out.

I also destroyed the ****ty stock lockout trying to remove it. I was very carefull too, so I have no idea how anyone can get that off intact.
Who makes the aluminium lockout?

Ciao

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Who makes the aluminium lockout?

Ciao
I thought LW offered them in aluminum as the cheapest option. That looks almost exactly like mine. I don't have my usb cable to pull pics from my phone to upload here right now.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Those titanium ones are gorgeous. Do you have temperature (burning/freezing) issues with it during extreme weather?

·
Registered
1,695 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Those titanium ones are gorgeous. Do you have temperature (burning/freezing) issues with it during extreme weather?
I was worried about heat, but it's almost always cold. Never gets freezing here in socal.

Ok cool thanks. $200US is a little out of my comfort zone for something like this even $140 at the cheapest its still too much for me. What made me laugh on the Lathewerks site is if you spend $200 with them they still want to charge you for a sticker!!!!!

Ciao
He does some amazing work.
shifter.jpg

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ill follow your lead, (hands you my flashlight) and now walk the lonely road in the back of you the adventurer. lol

I got nothing

Ha...this is silly little bits, just a big kid...not like I am self designing and fabricating any Ti bits for the RS, like rocket science....Ha

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
442 Posts
I did this a few weeks back, realizing I didn't take any real pics.

Did anyone install one of these?
(Sorry about the sideways, site seems to be rotating)
View attachment 325208

View attachment 325202

Same as doing the shift boot I believe.
I couldn't really get the OE plastic lockout to budge.
I finally did but when I went to re assemble I didn't stuff the boot fringe ends in correctly before it popped back in.
I wanted to re do it, So I ordered a spare plastic mechanism so I don't have to be so timid, give it a good pull and I'll give it some heat.
Does anybody have any insight into popping this off? Just muscle it?
Do you have a link or part number to the spare plastic mechanism?

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Do you have a link or part number to the spare plastic mechanism?
Caveat, I haven't received the part yet and can't personally vouch for it other than confirming I spoke with Tasca, they ran the VIN and they said that was it, but the diagram pic isn't very good.

BV6Z-7E096-A
$11.47 from Tasca

·
Registered
7 Posts
No one happens to have a CAD model of this piece do they? Might send a note to one of the guys hand making them to try and get the exact dimensions..

Seems like a prime candidate for 3D printing. Assuming the plastic joint isn't too flimsy.

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Naw, this was $40.
They also have an 'extender' for the RS...

https://www.shiftsolutionsco.com/product/reverse-lockout-lever-st-rs
Thanks for the link! Got mine in the mail today in polished aluminum. Installed it in just about 3 minutes after dinner!

Perfect fit and got rid of the gap at the back of my Bullitt knob. For 40$ I’m very pleased! I like that it almost looks stock in polished silver finish.

Wasn't about to buy a titanium piece for 140$usd though (not questioning the quality or look of the ti one, just too pricy for what I wanted). For what I wanted this is perfect at a reasonable price too!

Attachments

·
Registered
460 Posts
Thanks for the link! Got mine in the mail today in polished aluminum. Installed it in just about 3 minutes after dinner!

Perfect fit and got rid of the gap at the back of my Bullitt knob. For 40$ I’m very pleased! I like that it almost looks stock in polished silver finish.

Wasn't about to buy a titanium piece for 140$usd though (not questioning the quality or look of the ti one, just too pricy for what I wanted). For what I wanted this is perfect at a reasonable price too!
Very nice, what boot is that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Very nice, what boot is that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It’s from redline goods. Black alcantara and blue thread, 1in shorter than stock to fit better with the short shift arm.

The stock boot is cheap and will eventually tear through at the reverse lockout area. Did it in my ST too. Might be worse with the short shift arm but it had started doing it already when I installed it at 22k km.

I also did the e-brake boot in the ST but that one was a pain, needed to be glued to keep in place, made a mess which left a few glue marks although not very noticeable. Not doing it in the RS!!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts