Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I'm sure Cobb will have staged packages for the RS like they do for the ST. I figured they would have one as a shop car showcasing all their products and pushing 450whp or so. I could see them get very big into the RS community. We should have a poll on what it will do on the dyno.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Lol I'm just making up bullsh*t cause we're bored and not sure how I'm going to wait another minimum 4 months for my car to arrive.
I think you've found the perfect slogan for this forum :cool:

·
Registered
591 Posts
I'm sure I'll be happy enough with just a stage 1 reflash, like my ST. I'm looking forward to see what Cobb has to offer!

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
On another forum I compaired the STi engine to the 2.3EB. A stage 2 STi with just a tmic can hit 295-310 whp ( yes depends on dyno, weather, ect ) and hits about 245-255 whp stock through its awd. The 2.3EB has a 3" fmic, free flowing intake and exhaust, bigger turbo, DI, and runs almost 10 psi more than the STi. How is the focus not closer to the 350 whp mark? That would mean 400bhp or so and mostly running through the front wheels at speed in the RS. The RS is going to be fast stock and crazy with mods and a tune. Ford truly raised the bar. image.jpg

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I doubt they have an ECU. It's possible but it seems early.

However, adding values to a drop down in a program would have taken them a solid 5 minutes with compilation time to make the point that they intend to tune them.

·
Registered
716 Posts
On another forum I compaired the STi engine to the 2.3EB. A stage 2 STi with just a tmic can hit 295-310 whp ( yes depends on dyno, weather, ect ) and hits about 245-255 whp stock through its awd. The 2.3EB has a 3" fmic, free flowing intake and exhaust, bigger turbo, DI, and runs almost 10 psi more than the STi. How is the focus not closer to the 350 whp mark? That would mean 400bhp or so and mostly running through the front wheels at speed in the RS. The RS is going to be fast stock and crazy with mods and a tune. Ford truly raised the bar. View attachment 1876
Haven't we discussed this? It will not have 350 whp.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
It will be more than you think.

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
I doubt they have an ECU. It's possible but it seems early.

However, adding values to a drop down in a program would have taken them a solid 5 minutes with compilation time to make the point that they intend to tune them.
Wonderful business opportunity for Cobb. Pay Ford 1/2 million up front; get the ECU early and partner with Ford for fully-tested warranted performance upgrade that most everyone will want and buy! Pretty smart marketing!

YMMV,

MidCow3

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
This is one of the first things I'll be buying for my RS ... I'm wondering if I'll have to tune it myself or not?

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Wonderful business opportunity for Cobb. Pay Ford 1/2 million up front; get the ECU early and partner with Ford for fully-tested warranted performance upgrade that most everyone will want and buy! Pretty smart marketing!

YMMV,

MidCow3
Except that Ford already has a relationship with someone for that ;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
About this Discussion
25 Replies
15 Participants
mofoRS
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing