Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Please PM me if you are looking to sell your OEM winter wheel and tire package. I screwed myself by not adding it before selected for scheduling and now I cannot add it. If I must I will go aftermarket for winter wheels and tires I will; but I really like the Ford package and am pissed I didn't order it earlier :) Hopefully one of my RS brothers or sisters can save me from the Michigan winter roads!

P.S. If anyone orders an RS and wants to add the package onto their order for me I will pay you for it once it arrives - we could work out the details :)

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Please PM me if you are looking to sell your OEM winter wheel and tire package. I screwed myself by not adding it before selected for scheduling and now I cannot add it. If I must I will go aftermarket for winter wheels and tires I will; but I really like the Ford package and am pissed I didn't order it earlier :) Hopefully one of my RS brothers or sisters can save me from the Michigan winter roads!

P.S. If anyone orders an RS and wants to add the package onto their order for me I will pay you for it once it arrives - we could work out the details :)

Thank you in advance!
It wasn't even available for us who ordered early. My car was Selected for Scheduling before it even appeared on the stupid configurator website.

Considering this is something that ships separately to the dealership I'm shocked you can't add it to any car that has yet to be delivered.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
It wasn't even available for us who ordered early. My car was Selected for Scheduling before it even appeared on the stupid configurator website.

Considering this is something that ships separately to the dealership I'm shocked you can't add it to any car that has yet to be delivered.
This happened to me too. I really wanted to add it, but was told sorry we can't change it and take your money. Maybe someone that picked up a dropped allocation will part ways in the next few months before I need them in October.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
This happened to me too. I really wanted to add it, but was told sorry we can't change it and take your money. Maybe someone that picked up a dropped allocation will part ways in the next few months before I need them in October.
At this point it would be cheaper for you to work a set of winter rims into the loan. Then buy the rubber separate since it will wear out. That is probably what I'm going to do.

·
Premium Member
3,484 Posts

Maybe on the website, but the dealers got an ordering guide before the banks opened and should have gone over the options in that guide with you. The dealers knew about the winter wheels about Oct 1st, banks didn't officially open until the 12th.

Also, you should be able to buy them after the fact from the accessory catalog I hear, but at a much higher price than if ordered with car. But since these are an option odds are only people that are getting them want them, unless they are buying an unlikely dealer stock that included them or a cancelled order that had them.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts

But you CAN order it separately. For an extra fee. I think it was something like $3500 when ordered separately from the car.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
But you CAN order it separately. For an extra fee. I think it was something like $3500 when ordered separately from the car.
Pricing something outrageously high and as such I won't even consider it. It doesn't exist to me. You can assemble your own package for less than $2000.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Options can be added mid-run, I'm willing to bet the winter combo wasn't even in the guide.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you everyone for the responses and recommendations. Hopefully I can find someone as I love those winter rims, lol just not $3500 worth of love. I was looking forward to the package a lot because my dealer originally placed the order for his only allocation according to what they wanted (forged wheels, etc.). When I picked up the allocation from them I wanted to change out the forged wheels for the standard ones, but was told the system wouldn't let them. Good luck to anyone else out there searching as well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I, too, am looking for a set of winter wheels, or tires/wheels.

Maybe one of my fellow RSers to the North in BC or Alberta might have a factory set they do not want or need?

Thanks & Cheers

·
Registered
32 Posts
I ended up buying a set off of someone who didn't need them. I'm not 100% sure i'm going to take my car (which is due for build August 30th). If for some reason I don't, they'll obviously be available. I couldn't pass up getting a set even though my car isn't here yet.

·
Registered
971 Posts

Must have been your dealer. I ordered October 13th and was able to order the winter wheels.

·
Registered
428 Posts

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
I'll sell my new optional forged alloy wheels with the sport cup 2's new when my car arrives in about two weeks if anyone is interested. Price is $1300 for wheels + $900 for the tires. Thanks

·
Registered
887 Posts
I might consider selling the winter wheel & tire package. Bear in mind, however that I just ordered a 2017 RS and don't expect to see it at my dealership for quite some time. I would probably also sell the stock wheel and tires since, being in Michigan, I only expect to drive the RS in summer/fall and would prefer to have all-season tires only. Keep in touch, but have patience.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts