Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, the car has only 10000ks on the clock. NZ new looks mint and according to the car dealer has been recalled. The car has had 4 owners, the 1st for 33mths, the 2nd and 3rd for 2mths each and the 4th for the remainder. Should I be concerned by number of owners?

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
I’d stay away if the car is modded or if it doesn’t have an active warranty. My 2016 ended up needing a new engine (luckily I extended the warranty). It also has some other minor problems which were all covered under warranty.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Logan, no mods and out of factory warranty But does come with car dealership full mechanical warranty. Did they replace the head gasket first or was the head damaged .

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Hi Logan, no mods and out of factory warranty But does come with car dealership full mechanical warranty. Did they replace the head gasket first or was the head damaged .
Head gasket recall was done 2 years before the engine blew. Ford told me it spun a rod bearing, luckily warranty got me a new long block (36 days of no RS). I did oil changes at the dealer every 3-4k. Maintained it religiously but definitely used it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts