Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says, I’m looking for someone who has the Ford Performance drift stick on their RS and willing to help with trying to flash my car with the drift stick procal (or whatever it’s called). Hopefully someone in the Montreal area but could be anywhere around within a reasonable driving distance.

I’m planning on getting the Nutron drift stick since it’s compatible with all drive mode (with ESC turned off) and is quite cheaper.

The Nutron DS works on any car previously flashed with the FP DS flash or works with their own flash. But using Nutron’s flash would require renting their tuner and is a bit more complex having it shipped to me and back. Also somehow the FP flash couldnt be questionned by Ford if anything happens under my extended warranty in the next 5 years!

You supposedly can flash the FP DS on multiple cars, which is what I’m trying to perform with someone local. I understand this might require taking the DS off your car since the procal unit is mounted to the DS handle and the cable is not long enough to plug to another car. It would also some time performing the flashing process on my car and putting everything back in your car!

So if anyone is willing to help, please let me know by replying here or by PM. Otherwise I’ll initiate the process with Nutron of having their tuner shipped to me after the holidays are over.

Thanks for anyone who can provide any help on this! If that motivates anyone I can offer some $$ for your trouble, to be discussed I guess!

PS: if you happen to know that the FP DS flash cannot be installed on more than one car please provide that feedback also as this would make this plan useless to begin with!

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
PS: if you happen to know that the FP DS flash cannot be installed on more than one car please provide that feedback also as this would make this plan useless to begin with!
I have not tried it personally, but I believe this is the case. When installing the DS for the first time and flashing the calibration, I had to register to get the procal software with an e-mail and password. When flashing, you enter that e-mail/password and a "voucher number" that comes with the DS into the Procal software, then the software detects your VIN and "Module Part Number". It then downloads the appropriate cal to install.

Now, I'm not sure if this was just to ensure that you get the most current/appropriate cal file, but I have a feeling this locks the "voucher number" to a particular VIN. I believe I've also seen a handful of folks who have bought used DS's and have issues trying to get a new voucher from FP.

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks @BigFatFlip for your input!

The voucher issue would make a lot of sense! I had a similar issue when I bought my Ford Performance tune for my ST where the sheet with the voucher code was missing from the package, it took a lot of arguing over the phone to get another voucher!

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Thanks @BigFatFlip for your input!

The voucher issue would make a lot of sense! I had a similar issue when I bought my Ford Performance tune for my ST where the sheet with the voucher code was missing from the package, it took a lot of arguing over the phone to get another voucher!
Funny enough, I thought it was @TomekRST that offered a solution for that person who bought a used DS. Perhaps he can chime in...

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes he’s replied to my PMs saying it sure could be installed on multiple cars.

Might have to ask him for more details if I can find someone local willing to help!

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just sent @TomekRST a PM about buying the whole kit (dongle + handle) and going through the flasher unit exchange process.

Seems this will be much easier in the end! I doubt there are many RS with the Ford DS in my area (local shop said they only sold one), let alone being active here on the forum!

Thanks for helping! Still ley me know if you’re local and willing to try flashing my car with the Ford DS unit. I guess it will take some time before I get the tuner unit exchange setup with Nutron.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts