Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A curiosity. So I was researching wheel locks, and found that nobody seems to make our kind of locks. There's spline type, some kind of spinny types, etc, but none of them have the shape and function that ours do. Ours have a completely flat and round center with just a handful of individual cuts along the edges really close to the wheel. As I am looking for lug replacements for my bulging OEM lugs, I've thought about getting matching wheel locks. On further consideration, it feels to me like the kind the RS uses are pretty safe due to their function and shape. This led to me wondering what they are, or who makes this kind of locks, but I can't find any info about them. Someone on this forum said McGard makes them, but I don't see this kind of locks on their website.

So who makes them? What are these called? Are they made for aftermarket?

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Wheel locks when provided by a mass market manufacturer in volume don't do squat. Since Ford uses the same lock style on all its cars where offered, you can bet that thieves in the business have a full set of keys in their tool-kit.

All a wheel lock does is stop the random spur of the moment thief, which honestly aren't that common.

·
Registered
245 Posts
No one wants our RS rims...save weight and dump the locks...jmho

This is a picture from a few weeks ago in my complex (Mountain View, CA). We live a few blocks from a Google and a Facebook office and the median house value is over $1.5M. So while the probability of someone stealing RS wheels is quite low, the inconvenience is not really worth it to not spend the $50-$100 to get wheel locks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts