Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am preparing my RS for B Street in AutoX for next year and want the lightest, stiffest front sway bar. What are the recommended options? What is the weight of the stock front anti-sway bar?

·
Premium Member
518 Posts
I have Eibach's set (F&R) on order. Will check when they arrive.

Reactions: tylewis

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
How much do you have to spend? For a few billion I will make you one of carbyne. Lightest and stiffest front sway bar around.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ah **** I only have 100 million to spend. Although I wouldn't be opposed to some custom work....

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
I believe that WL front bar is nominal 26mm bar with approx 27mm equivalent dia at full stiff (adj 3 position ~25/26/27)...but like almost all aftrmkt bars it is solid so it is heavier than stock.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I believe that WL front bar is nominal 26mm bar with approx 27mm equivalent dia at full stiff (adj 3 position ~25/26/27)...but like almost all aftrmkt bars it is solid so it is heavier than stock.
I was afraid of that. With the level of local and national competition I will be facing I am looking for any advantage I can get and shaving weight is always favorable.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
I would question the tradeoff of an additional 2 pounds that low to the ground vs the benefit of less roll/more grip in auto-x ....but I'm not a racer.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Didn't weigh my Eibach rear bar but it's hollow and didn't feel heavier than stock. It sure helped with the understeer with otherwise stock suspension.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Why would you only add a front bar? Aren’t we talking more understeer with a FSB?
To stay in street class, I can only add one bar. I don't want the rear because the car already rotates enough as it is. You are correct in that in SOME circumstances it will increase understeer but in other areas such as the slalom it should improve the grip.

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
How about drilling a new hole in your stock front bar? And adding a rear bar.

Anything in the rules about modified factory bars?

·
Registered
460 Posts
How about drilling a new hole in your stock front bar? And adding a rear bar.

Anything in the rules about modified factory bars?
Yup. Modifying one is the same allowance as replacing the stock one. SCCA street only allows one change.

Based on talking to other quick, national FoRS guys, I went with the Whiteline in the front.
Once I had some time with it, I posted meaningfully impeovedr times relative to other top, national level talent at my local events.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Did you run it on the softest setting? That seems to be the most desirable setup from what I understand.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts