Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to find an allocation for an RS and my area got none, looking to travel for it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Aaron

·
Registered
504 Posts
Do what I did and just use Google to search for ALL ford dealers in EVERY neighboring cities and call every single one. I eventually found one for close to MSRP and grabbed that

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright I will keep it up. I'm getting confused I have contacted so many already. :topsy_turvy:

·
Registered
194 Posts
If you're not above paying through the nose, I got a call from Four Seasons Ford in Hendersonville, NC today about an available allocation for $2500 over MSRP. Apparently the original buyer backed out. I politely declined.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Its a long way but autonation ford in Scottsdale AZ had 2 left when i ordered less than a month ago. Talk to nick in fleet, he does the ordering and was super easy to deal with. I never even spoke with a salesman.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright I will after tomorrow I talked to Autonation MN and they seemed to think they can, they may be connected?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Starting to lose hope everyone has told me August through October delivery and then not gotten back to me.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Starting to lose hope everyone has told me August through October delivery and then not gotten back to me.
That could be good news to some. If that holds true, that would mean production will continue through the summer and some of us might get cars. Although take anything a dealer gives you with a shot of penicillin.

As for getting one this Spring, you're probably out of luck. Take a look at the order statuses thread in this section and look how many people are still waiting just to be selected for scheduling. I'd say even those that ordered their cars last Fall will be lucky to get one by May. Looks like we're in it for the long haul.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know.

·
Registered
969 Posts
There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know.
Very profound!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Think I got one thanks for all the help and I'm hoping everything goes as planned. It was a build order that was already in that they are supposedly allowing me to change even though they have a build date for it? Not sure if anyone knows if this is actually possible. I'm skeptical but we will see Friday.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Think I got one thanks for all the help and I'm hoping everything goes as planned. It was a build order that was already in that they are supposedly allowing me to change even though they have a build date for it? Not sure if anyone knows if this is actually possible. I'm skeptical but we will see Friday.
Uh good luck with changing something with a build date already.

·
Registered
969 Posts
If the order has been selected for scheduling you cannot change the details. Get the order number and get a status check on the order status thread.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If the order has been selected for scheduling you cannot change the details. Get the order number and get a status check on the order status thread.

If I have a build date would that make it past that point?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yep. Who provided the build date? Did you get a VIN# as well?

The dealer provided me with the order number and build date and I just checked on order statuses and it says build date is next week..

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
The dealer provided me with the order number and build date and I just checked on order statuses and it says build date is next week..
in that case, my best guess is I dont think changing the order is going to happen. personally Im not sure Id want to try and screw things up.
what exactly do you want changed?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Left it at... the dealer I am using is talking to the zone manager who is going to contact the scheduler and we will see how it works out. They have been very nice about it so far although I am paying markup so. Fingers crossed till tomorrow and I will know then.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
in that case, my best guess is I dont think changing the order is going to happen. personally Im not sure Id want to try and screw things up.
what exactly do you want changed?
This was someones car that backed out its black base model. I hate black cars. or at least taking care of them I love the look.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
About this Discussion
54 Replies
20 Participants
j0shm1lls
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing