Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I had an allocation wrapped up but got the news today my order went in as retail. It sounds like the retail orders have a very small chance of being built. Does anybody have any ideas? Dealers I can try that perhaps got overlooked? I did find one dealer in our area with an allocation for 7k over msrp. I am not willing to go that high. Also, can anyone look up a dealer on the bad dealers list for me?

·
Registered
416 Posts
Wish I could help you. 7k is the highest markup I've seen. What dealer is that? I ordered mine through Bob Maxey Ford, idk how many allocations they have left, if any. I have a family member at Pat Milliken Ford and I believe they were doing a 3k markup. Idk how many orders they already have though.

·
Registered
892 Posts
7k over MSRP? Ouch! As far as I know, all allocations have been taken, unless someone backed out on their order.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wish I could help you. 7k is the highest markup I've seen. What dealer is that? I ordered mine through Bob Maxey Ford, idk how many allocations they have left, if any. I have a family member at Pat Milliken Ford and I believe they were doing a 3k markup. Idk how many orders they already have though.
Courtesy Ford in Okemos.

·
Registered
892 Posts
I am waiting back on a call from a very large dealer that thinks he has one open. *fingers crossed*
I know Varsity and Suburban got the most in the area, but both had all of their allocations spoken for. Still might be worth checking with them to see if anyone cancelled.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know Varsity and Suburban got the most in the area, but both had all of their allocations spoken for. Still might be worth checking with them to see if anyone cancelled.
I am "on the list" at Varsity. Saleswoman was very confident they woul get more allocations then what they already have.

·
Registered
864 Posts
@desk_jockey allocation orders and retail orders are two completely different characteristics. You might have an allocated retail order. Has your dealer actually said they do not have allocations available?

If that's the case, contact Mike Bass Ford in Marysville, Ohio and ask for Dustin Demyan. They have 2 retail orders that have already been Selected for Scheduling. Another forum member had successfully negotiated MSRP for one of them, but backed out because the orders can't be changed to the color/options he wanted. Keep that in mind; you cant change the orders. Here's what's on order.

1). Nitrous Blue, RS2, moonroof, forged alloys w/o cup2 tires.
2). Frozen White, RS2, no moonroof, standard wheels and tires.

·
Registered
156 Posts
@desk_jockey allocation orders and retail orders are two completely different characteristics. You might have an allocated retail order. Has your dealer actually said they do not have allocations available?

If that's the case, contact Mike Bass Ford in Marysville, Ohio and ask for Dustin Demyan. They have 2 retail orders that have already been Selected for Scheduling. Another forum member had successfully negotiated MSRP for one of them, but backed out because the orders can't be changed to the color/options he wanted. Keep that in mind; you cant change the orders. Here's what's on order.

I agree - I have been doing my own checking and there are retail and stock orders that have been selected for scheduling. So the label "retail" does not mean it will not get built in the first round. There are also orders not entered until late Nov that are scheduled and orders from early October that are still unscheduled. So there is a bit of randomness there.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Thanks so much for the tip, but today is my lucky day. I just signed the paperwork for an unclaimed spot at Suburban Ford! I am stoked! Apparently what happened is someone backed out of their order a month back. Only one sales guy knew about the retraction, so unless you called and talked with him, you would have gotten an "all allocations taken" response. My third call to the dealership just happen to put me in contact with the right guy. I get my DORA number on tuesday. Time to start planning. For those of you who have not been able to get an allocation, try the option above that dkirby mentioned.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Glad Suburban came through for you. I think at least half of their allocations belong to people on this forum.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Glad Suburban came through for you. I think at least half of their allocations belong to people on this forum.
Sales guy told me they had 15 allocations. Most were sold in the first week. He told me one guy was waiting at the door when they opened the day the allocations came out! That would have been me had I not got misinformation from another dealer.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Sales guy told me they had 15 allocations. Most were sold in the first week. He told me one guy was waiting at the door when they opened the day the allocations came out! That would have been me had I not got misinformation from another dealer.
There were two of us there that morning that I know of

1 - 15 of 15 Posts