Ford Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sold my mint 2017 RS in Nitrous Blue a few years ago to buy my GT500 but now have been hunting around for a 2018 RS in Nitrous Blue or Race Red does not matter. In no rush and will take my time to find the right car. I know the pickings are slim with the 2018's because so few were made but have always been lucky finding the right car. I am a cash buyer for the right car but will not pay stupid money over what the RS is worth. There were some high teen low 20's mileage 2018 RS cars but nothing that made me say buy now. Located in NJ and would like to find one in my area but no problem with transporting which I have done many times in the past with my Mustangs. This was my perfect 2017 that I gave up a few years ago. Wish I could find a similar RS but have come to the realization it will be really hard to do. Thanks for listening and let me know if anyone is ready to move their 18 RS.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Blue

·
Registered
2018 Race Red Ford Focus RS, Chicago
705 Posts
I have been interested in adding a GT500. What color did you get and did you have to pay an ADM? And I also love the RS and have thought of adding another 2018, I did not know if it made sense to add that but I thought as a replacement for my 2020 Jetta, I like it but the RS is way more fun.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been interested in adding a GT500. What color did you get and did you have to pay an ADM? And I also love the RS and have thought of adding another 2018, I did not know if it made sense to add that but I thought as a replacement for my 2020 Jetta, I like it but the RS is way more fun.
Thanks for the reply Yukon. I did not have a newer GT500 but it was a 3K mile perfect 2013 GT500 in Candy Red. I missed my chance to get a 22 order in because I did not sell my GT500 early enough. I had a great deal with my local dealer in NY state for a 5K over MSRP ADM but now its over for any orders and they filled their allocation anyway. I look around at new 2022 GT500's arriving at dealers and the ADM's are just ridiculous. The Koons Ford dealers in MD and VA. where I bought my 2015 Focus ST had ADM's of 30-40K over MSRP on new 2022's that just arrived. This is just insane.

I had a new 2014 Shelby GT500 in Ruby Red that I ordered back then and had it for 2 years. Then found a perfect 2013 GT500 that I purchased in 2020 and both came from Georgia. I wanted a new 2022 GT500 but missed out on that great deal so I want to find a real nice 2018 RS soon and will find a used 2022 GT500 down the road in a few years. The prices on the used 2020-22 GT500's are just insane also.

Besides my 2017 RS have owned 2 Focus ST's 2013 and 2015 and 5 other Focus cars. My wife and I have twin 2011 SES Focus daily drivers see pics that have 365K miles combined. Mine is at 115K and manual trans but my wife's is at 250K and its an auto. These 2011's are amazing and never break but just keep going. Hope to get 300K miles on each. Its why I want a 2018 RS and loved my 17. Just a Focus freak here....lol.

You still have the 1400 mile 18 Red RS....

Thanks,

Steve

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
33 Posts
Sold my mint 2017 RS in Nitrous Blue a few years ago to buy my GT500 but now have been hunting around for a 2018 RS in Nitrous Blue or Race Red does not matter. In no rush and will take my time to find the right car. I know the pickings are slim with the 2018's because so few were made but have always been lucky finding the right car. I am a cash buyer for the right car but will not pay stupid money over what the RS is worth. There were some high teen low 20's mileage 2018 RS cars but nothing that made me say buy now. Located in NJ and would like to find one in my area but no problem with transporting which I have done many times in the past with my Mustangs. This was my perfect 2017 that I gave up a few years ago. Wish I could find a similar RS but have come to the realization it will be really hard to do. Thanks for listening and let me know if anyone is ready to move their 18 RS.

View attachment 362247
Was Race Red a main colour option in the US.? Its a limited number run here in the UK only 300 made.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Was Race Red a main colour option in the US.? Its a limited number run here in the UK only 300 made.
Race Red was only available on the limited edition 2018 RS. There was no Red available in 2016 and 2017. There was 1500 units produced in 2018 for the RS in North America. 1000 in the USA and 500 in Canada. I have not been able to find the exact color breakdown of the 1000 here in the USA if someone has that info. I have read on another site it was 700 NB and 300 RR but others said it was the other way around. All I know is that the UK was limited to 300 Race Red but you also had the very rare 50 unit Heritage Edition in Tief Orange but have never seen one online. Wish Ford had sold that HE RS in the states.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Thanks for the reply Yukon. I did not have a newer GT500 but it was a 3K mile perfect 2013 GT500 in Candy Red. I missed my chance to get a 22 order in because I did not sell my GT500 early enough. I had a great deal with my local dealer in NY state for a 5K over MSRP ADM but now its over for any orders and they filled their allocation anyway. I look around at new 2022 GT500's arriving at dealers and the ADM's are just ridiculous. The Koons Ford dealers in MD and VA. where I bought my 2015 Focus ST had ADM's of 30-40K over MSRP on new 2022's that just arrived. This is just insane.

I had a new 2014 Shelby GT500 in Ruby Red that I ordered back then and had it for 2 years. Then found a perfect 2013 GT500 that I purchased in 2020 and both came from Georgia. I wanted a new 2022 GT500 but missed out on that great deal so I want to find a real nice 2018 RS soon and will find a used 2022 GT500 down the road in a few years. The prices on the used 2020-22 GT500's are just insane also.

Besides my 2017 RS have owned 2 Focus ST's 2013 and 2015 and 5 other Focus cars. My wife and I have twin 2011 SES Focus daily drivers see pics that have 365K miles combined. Mine is at 115K and manual trans but my wife's is at 250K and its an auto. These 2011's are amazing and never break but just keep going. Hope to get 300K miles on each. Its why I want a 2018 RS and loved my 17. Just a Focus freak here....lol.

You still have the 1400 mile 18 Red RS....

I am about 1,700 now. I think we will have a Chicago area GTG Saturday and if we do I will try and put together a video.

Thanks,

Steve

View attachment 362249 View attachment 362250
That looks familiar:

I have been searching for a GT500 at MSRP but have had no luck. I will add a little more detail later. I leaving the house in a few minutes.

I am trying to add a multi quote for Irocssie76, in the USA we received a little under 500 Race Reds and under 500 NB, Canada received about half the RS’s we received.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That looks familiar:

I have been searching for a GT500 at MSRP but have had no luck. I will add a little more detail later. I leaving the house in a few minutes.

I am trying to add a multi quote for Irocssie76, in the USA we received a little under 500 Race Reds and under 500 NB, Canada received about half the RS’s we received.

Thanks Yukon. Nice Focus looks like mine until it got smashed...:(

·
Registered
705 Posts
I tried answering one of your questions I don’t know if you seen it but I at about 1,700 miles.

I keep track of prices and have noticed prices are coming down. I sold my Corvette last June and got way more than I would right now.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I tried answering one of your questions I don’t know if you seen it but I at about 1,700 miles.

I keep track of prices and have noticed prices are coming down. I sold my Corvette last June and got way more than I would right now.
Thanks Yukon and yes I did see the miles. I was busy watching your you tube videos from the car meet. Great RS you have there and exactly what I would want to own. Hard to find low mileage 2018's anymore and with prices inflated not going to pay 50K for an RS. Would rather put the 50K cash into a newer GT500 or 19 Z06. I like the RS Focus cars but not as much as I like the GT500's. I also like 2019 Corvette Z06's and its on my list also. Have owned 3 older Corvette's in the past. The 13/14 GT500 prices peaked earlier this year and put mine up last month and sold it in 2 days to a Corvette owner in Cleveland. I don't really want a high mileage 2018 RS and why I am not in a big rush. Prices will be coming down over the next year or so. But I will get into another RS at some point love these Focus RS's and I am 65 years young....lol. Like in the you tube video of your 2010 SES that was said our two Focus SES 2011's are the best cars we have ever owned from a reliability standpoint. But I never really had any issues with my 13ST, 15ST and 17RS except the head gasket issue was changed before I took delivery. Plus with high gas prices now we average about 30-32mpg on both of the SES's. The 250K auto SES was purchased new in 2011 and I found my manual SES in late 2019. Great cars.

Thanks for the heads up,

Steve

·
Registered
20 Posts
I doubt anyone is ready to move their 18 if they have a low mileage one but you just missed one for sale here in the forum that would have been somewhat what you were looking for selling at 42K in Colorado. I have no plans on selling mine but everything has a price. I am the original owner of my 18 RR with all service and upgrades done by Mountune here in LA. 14k miles never used launch control or drift mode, garage stored, never tracked, and full bolt on +. Knowing this car is discontinued and is probably less than a few hundred left in the US I believe the value of this specific color and year will be very high no matter what the car market is so that being said good luck trying to find one at a buyers price as I would not even consider any offers less than 55K for mine. Your idea that the car prices will be coming down in a year or so is correct but I doubt that applies to this car and a few other cars like this because no matter what the used car market is there are less than a few hundred of these and no more are being made. Your best bet is a 16-17 because in my opinion ALL low mileage 18s will only go up in price not down as time goes by.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Over here we got 300 red edition Rs's
And 500 nitrous blue Rs's. My friend has a red edition with the number plate R300 EDT, he knows someone with a blue edition and his number plate is R500 EDT. They're names are Richard Hills and Richard Mills.!!
The pics are from a local car show at Lydden hill race circuit which recently hosted the opening round of the nitro rallycross. Mines the ultimate green mk2 Rs and the mk1 is my other friends car.
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Wheel

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I doubt anyone is ready to move their 18 if they have a low mileage one but you just missed one for sale here in the forum that would have been somewhat what you were looking for selling at 42K in Colorado. I have no plans on selling mine but everything has a price. I am the original owner of my 18 RR with all service and upgrades done by Mountune here in LA. 14k miles never used launch control or drift mode, garage stored, never tracked, and full bolt on +. Knowing this car is discontinued and is probably less than a few hundred left in the US I believe the value of this specific color and year will be very high no matter what the car market is so that being said good luck trying to find one at a buyers price as I would not even consider any offers less than 55K for mine. Your idea that the car prices will be coming down in a year or so is correct but I doubt that applies to this car and a few other cars like this because no matter what the used car market is there are less than a few hundred of these and no more are being made. Your best bet is a 16-17 because in my opinion ALL low mileage 18s will only go up in price not down as time goes by.
While I agree to disagree I am not buying an RS to garage sit but to drive. Have owned too many garage queen cars in my day. I did see the one in Colorado for 42K and was not in the market when that was selling. I have owned more rare cars than a 2018 RS including 1 of 107 1993 Mustang Cobra R, 1 of 300 1995 Mustang Cobra R and 1 of 505 2004 Mystichrome Cobra coupes. So I know all about rare collector cars. I have been here for a few years since buying my new 2017 NB RS back then and have not been around here much until recently. I will only buy a 2018 RS and had a 2017 already. No interest in a 16 or 17 again and all those prices will be coming down soon too. I hope you get 55K for your RS if you decide to sell and best of luck if you do. But if I don't find an 18 RS to my liking then I will buy a low mile 2019 Z06 Vette or GT500 down the road. I do want to own both though that is an 18 RS and either a Z06 or GT500.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This is for sale at the moment in the UK, I think it works out to nearly $94,000
View attachment 362273
Great RS but there are many 700hp plus cars here in the USA that I would buy for less than 94K. I have always owned high HP cars over the last 40 years but I like the RS mostly for the AWD platform and not so much the power. Its slow compared to the Shelby's and Cobra's that I have owned over the years. But I still love driving the RS.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Great RS but there are many 700hp plus cars here in the USA that I would buy for less than 94K. I have always owned high HP cars over the last 40 years but I like the RS mostly for the AWD platform and not so much the power. Its slow compared to the Shelby's and Cobra's that I have owned over the years. But I still love driving the RS.
It is a lot of money for a ford focus, i could think of better to spend it on. I don't know if the $94k would go that far but I'd give my left testicle to own a 69 charger.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Window

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It is a lot of money for a ford focus, i could think of better to spend it on. I don't know if the $94k would go that far but I'd give my left testicle to own a 69 charger.
View attachment 362286
View attachment 362285
Great looking Charger. Have many Hellcat Chargers on the road around me in the NY tri state area. The Redeye Charger for 2022 is 797 HP and 203 MPH with a starting MSRP of 80K. Not many years left of these high horsepower cars with Internal Combustion Engines unfortunately.

·
Registered
20 Posts

View attachment 362247
There are 30 CANADIAN Focus RS on this site...this one has only 29K on speedo not sure what that is in Miles https://www.cargurus.ca/Cars/l-Used-Ford-Focus-RS-d2402 Dealer's Price:$47,990Location:Airdrie, ABMileage:28,437 kilometresTransmission:ManualExterior Colour RED Interior Colour:Black

Attachments

·
Registered
118 Posts
Interesting post. I also had a mint ‘17 NB RS that I ordered and let go with only 7,xxx miles 3 years ago. I took a job where I thought I was going to be driving even more than I am (about 400 miles/week currently) and I stupidly sold it to get something more economical. That led me to a GTI. Great car, hate to hate it, pretty close to the perfect DD, but I just couldn’t get past the FWD. Enter my new daily, a 2018 ZL1 1LE that I picked up with only 5k miles 1.5 years ago when prices were normal. So, ironically I have even worse mpg than the RS I let go (but at least a larger gas tank). The thing is, I’ve regretted getting rid of the RS since I left the dealership and my back hurt on the way home with the GTI (since the seats are **** compared to the Recaros in the RS). Even having a 650hp muscle car has not made my desire for an RS go away. I am the same as the OP in wanting an ‘18 RS, if I don’t buy back my previous ‘17. I’m just not sure if I want to let go of the ZL1 to get it. Or just wait it out until the ZL1 is paid and try again for an RS. Granted they will all be higher mileage versions and most beaten on pretty good at that point, but it’s a great little car and I miss it. Ideally I would have both the ZL1 1LE and the RS like the OP with his same desire for a muscle car and an RS.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Interesting post. I also had a mint ‘17 NB RS that I ordered and let go with only 7,xxx miles 3 years ago. I took a job where I thought I was going to be driving even more than I am (about 400 miles/week currently) and I stupidly sold it to get something more economical. That led me to a GTI. Great car, hate to hate it, pretty close to the perfect DD, but I just couldn’t get past the FWD. Enter my new daily, a 2018 ZL1 1LE that I picked up with only 5k miles 1.5 years ago when prices were normal. So, ironically I have even worse mpg than the RS I let go (but at least a larger gas tank). The thing is, I’ve regretted getting rid of the RS since I left the dealership and my back hurt on the way home with the GTI (since the seats are **** compared to the Recaros in the RS). Even having a 650hp muscle car has not made my desire for an RS go away. I am the same as the OP in wanting an ‘18 RS, if I don’t buy back my previous ‘17. I’m just not sure if I want to let go of the ZL1 to get it. Or just wait it out until the ZL1 is paid and try again for an RS. Granted they will all be higher mileage versions and most beaten on pretty good at that point, but it’s a great little car and I miss it. Ideally I would have both the ZL1 1LE and the RS like the OP with his same desire for a muscle car and an RS.

Same here. Have looked at many 17/18 RS's for sale and undecided if I want to just buy a higher mile driver RS or a low mileage real nice one. I am currently searching new 2022 Shelby GT500's and if it was not for the ADM's on these right now would have one. I will own both but kind of want to get a nice RS soon and a pre-owned GT500 down the road. I like your plan and I am right there in the same position. Shortage of cash is always a problem too.....:cool:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts