Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, im looking at a rs here in puerto rico and it has 4k on it. I will be performing a compression test and check the car fax to see if headgasket was resolved but basically im just asking for tips on what to look out for apart from the two above things
Thanks

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Good a compression test along with a complete Prior to purchase inspection by a "qualified Ford tech"...Oil leaks are a biggie following the HG process...Carfax to me is a joke other than listing previous owners....Good luck and Enjoy The Baby Beast

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Don't forget PTU leaks either. You'll have to have the undercover removed to check down there for transmission, PTU, and oil leaks. check youtube on how to see if the car has the new gasket.

4k miles isn't that bad for an island car (especially if a weekend toy) I would guess. I'd check for signs of tuning or mods if that bothers you (see if the intercooler doesn't line up correctly). If you pay for a prepurchase inspection, have them check the key counts (number of engine starts) to see if the number makes sense for 4k miles (maybe an average of 5-10 miles per engine start depending on usage). if it's like 10 or 50, I would use that to negotiate the price down.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts