Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now please note I am paying MSRP at a dealership that is 10 miles away from these guys. I was originally "promised" first car, at a fair price. Then when it got close to order time, these dealer (not the one I went with) would not return calls, and became very elusive on answering questions...... and then this came via email today. LOL!!! Are you freaking kidding!!! I hope they get nobody willing to put up with it. Read, enjoy and laugh with me.

Thank you for your interest in the Focus RS. The market for the Ford Focus RS is very hot and supplies are limited. The good news is, as a premier Ford dealer for enthusiast sports vehicles we are getting extra allocations of this beautiful vehicle.

We currently have a Custom Order allocation for the Focus RS opening in a private auction starting tomorrow 10/14/2015 found at the link below. If you are interested in participating in the auction you should know we will only be selling to Washington State residents and the vehicle must be licensed in Washington.

To be a qualified bidder we require you fill out our 3 Step 60 Second Bidder Qualification Form. This simple app gathers basic information and does not require your Social Security Number or Date of Birth and has Zero effect on your credit score. You may fill out the form here

Here is the link to the auction with a Buy it Now option:
2016 Focus RS Auction
The Focus RS is for a custom factory order allocation and is based on a configuration MSRP of $36,605. Any additional equipment or color options selected at order will increase the total winning bid purchase price by the full retail value of the added options.

Once we receive your application and it is approved we will be providing you with login instructions to join the auction.

Please contact me with any questions,
Thanks!

Paul Ray
Bowen Scarff Ford-Lincoln
253-852-1480

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Yeah... I talked to those A-Holes during my search. Freaking amazing. I won't play their game, but I WILL be sure to act as a great "Badwill Ambassador" for them to anyone who will listen to what comes out of my piehole.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I already wrote this Paul Rey a email telling him what he can do with his "generous offer" LOL

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
whats funny,.... is they have seahawks field goal kicker on there commercial and they push that "we are the no ****er sticker store" ......hmmm sound a little like false advertising.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The link is below. So basically they shot themselves in the foot. They want what appears to be 5k over MSRP. but willing to negotiate... That is idiotic. Would it not be in better taste by just saying "MSRP plus 2500". don't get me wrong it sucks that they are asking anything over but welcome to capitalism. But instead it comes off as elusive and slimmy

Specialty Vehicle Auction - Bowen Scarff FordBowen Scarff Ford

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
The link is below. So basically they shot themselves in the foot. They want what appears to be 5k over MSRP. but willing to negotiate... That is idiotic. Would it not be in better taste by just saying "MSRP plus 2500". don't get me wrong it sucks that they are asking anything over but welcome to capitalism. But instead it comes off as elusive and slimmy

Specialty Vehicle Auction - Bowen Scarff FordBowen Scarff Ford
Contact them back with European specs; they said they could configure it anyway you wanted for only $5K ADM :D

LOL YMMV,

MidCow3

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Pathetic. Ide like to see that Seahawks kicker go in to buy it. See his reaction when they try to get over msrp for it.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
No wonder they are charging a lot more (from their auction site):

"Also, this vehicle’s estimated 42 mpg fuel efficiency on the highway makes it the perfect ride to take on long road trips, and the sleek style makes it perfect to show off at the beach, in town, or anywhere."

Wow!

Jim

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I wonder if there plan to pillage folks wallets is not working as planned? I just received this email today. Now if people were beating down the door to throw money at the greedy little troll feet. Why would they reach out to me as to "have a good ol' time" in their auction?...............unless people aren't playing the game? Oh, and I love the "respectfully" on the closing.

We are going to do an online auction/buy it now price on our website for the RS. Would you be interested in this info?

Respectfully,

Brent Schwartznau
Sales Consultant
Bowen Scarff Ford Lincoln in Kent
1157 Central Ave N
Kent, WA 98032

(on Highway 167 at the 84th/Central Ave exit)

1-800-577-1158, toll free
(253) 852-1480, local
(406) 544-XXXX, cell.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Send him the video of the kicker in the add lol... Do it respectfully tho lol

I wonder if there plan to pillage folks wallets is not working as planned? I just received this email today. Now if people were beating down the door to throw money at the greedy little troll feet. Why would they reach out to me as to "have a good ol' time" in their auction?...............unless people aren't playing the game? Oh, and I love the "respectfully" on the closing.

We are going to do an online auction/buy it now price on our website for the RS. Would you be interested in this info?

Respectfully,

Brent Schwartznau
Sales Consultant
Bowen Scarff Ford Lincoln in Kent
1157 Central Ave N
Kent, WA 98032

(on Highway 167 at the 84th/Central Ave exit)

1-800-577-1158, toll free
(253) 852-1480, local
(406) 544-XXXX, cell.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I appreciate everyone's feedback on this topic,

To clarify why we are providing the auction as an option to our customers:
All Ford dealers have been told how many Focus RS's they will receive. Once we receive a commitment date from Ford which will allow us to build the RS we will have a short period of time that will allow us to configure the vehicle. This auction will give you the ability to customize the vehicle during that short period of time. So you will then be able to build it exactly how you want it.

This option opens up the store to extra time and risk. We will need to be in touch with our customer regularly in the weeks and months ahead to keep them informed of any possible delivery delays and progress. The other option for us is to configure and order the car internally and have them arrive on the lot and price them at that time at current market value.

We have had many requests to give the ability to custom order this vehicle so this is the method we have chosen to provide that option. It continues to be a hassle free process, no one is pressuring anyone to participate and is completely optional, our purchasing process is completely transparent and there will be no extra charges or surprises at delivery.

The auction starts with a vehicle based at $36,605 MSRP and the opening bid is at $2500 over MSRP. The Buy it now price is based on $4500 over MSRP. Any other extras options added to the vehicle at order will be added to the price. For example if you choose Nitrous Blue that would add an extra $695 to the MSRP.

For many of you this option may not be a desirable one. We completely understand that. We have a larger allocation of these vehicles coming to us compared to other dealers, we expect to have regular retail units that will arrive on our lot next year with our market based pricing clearly posted in a hassle free, negotiation free environment.

If you are interested in getting one of the first arrivals, and have the ability to customize your RS in advance, the auction is the option for you.

If we do not have any enthusiasts interested in getting this vehicle custom built from us we will be ordering different combinations and we will be selling them with our no hassle pricing which may be above or below MSRP and will be based on the going market price at the time of arrival.

Paul

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
To give you guys an idea of demand...another dealer called our dealership today offering 2500 over for the car to resell

·
Registered
418 Posts
I appreciate everyone's feedback on this topic,

To clarify why we are providing the auction as an option to our customers:
All Ford dealers have been told how many Focus RS's they will receive. Once we receive a commitment date from Ford which will allow us to build the RS we will have a short period of time that will allow us to configure the vehicle. This auction will give you the ability to customize the vehicle during that short period of time. So you will then be able to build it exactly how you want it.

This option opens up the store to extra time and risk. We will need to be in touch with our customer regularly in the weeks and months ahead to keep them informed of any possible delivery delays and progress. The other option for us is to configure and order the car internally and have them arrive on the lot and price them at that time at current market value.

We have had many requests to give the ability to custom order this vehicle so this is the method we have chosen to provide that option. It continues to be a hassle free process, no one is pressuring anyone to participate and is completely optional, our purchasing process is completely transparent and there will be no extra charges or surprises at delivery.

The auction starts with a vehicle based at $36,605 MSRP and the opening bid is at $2500 over MSRP. The Buy it now price is based on $4500 over MSRP. Any other extras options added to the vehicle at order will be added to the price. For example if you choose Nitrous Blue that would add an extra $695 to the MSRP.

For many of you this option may not be a desirable one. We completely understand that. We have a larger allocation of these vehicles coming to us compared to other dealers, we expect to have regular retail units that will arrive on our lot next year with our market based pricing clearly posted in a hassle free, negotiation free environment.

If you are interested in getting one of the first arrivals, and have the ability to customize your RS in advance, the auction is the option for you.

If we do not have any enthusiasts interested in getting this vehicle custom built from us we will be ordering different combinations and we will be selling them with our no hassle pricing which may be above or below MSRP and will be based on the going market price at the time of arrival.

Paul
2017 models are unlimited. Only idiots will pay 4 grand over MSRP. But hey, if you want to be a greedy douche, that's cool.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
NOPE! NOT EVEN CLOSE TO HONEST. Focus112 you have been a straight shooter and this is by no means a reflection of you or your business dealings. What PAULR is failing to say is: A couple of months ago (long before the current pandemonium) people like myself started dialog with his dealership. Requesting terms of getting an RS. Response was lacking of details at best. But understandable because product knowledge is not what is promoted in that dealership. How to close a deal, preaching from the good book " how to win friends and influence people" via Zig Ziggler is more important then knowing your product! The staff did not know what an RS is or that it was coming. That was two different sales guys. As we got closer and closer to ordering date, the emails, and phone replies stopped. I left a couple of voice mails to the sales manager with no reply. I called salesman and they said "oh, i will find out and call you back". And they don't call back. This is two weeks out from ordering date. At this point I have been trying to give this very dealership my money for a couple of months. As for why they don't call back? Well its because the sales men don't feel comfortable trying to explain the screw job the management is looking to pull off. Keep in mind, people like me was trying to secure a car BEFORE they or we had any indications of demand. A week out from order date I get a hold of yet another sales guy at Bowen and he said and I quote " Yeah, we have a best deal stick on cars but management is starting to understand the opportunity this car can provide, and is thinking about how to offer this car". What! that translate to "we are going to upcharge the hell out of this! As I thanked him for the insight, he close the call with " yeah I herd 5-7k over sticker."... Last I check that translate to greed! And this was still before pandemonium AKA Oct.01. So I went to another dealer very close by, that knew what the car was, knew it was going to be in demand and was very much ok with me ordering it the way I wanted and with MSRP. Hmmm fair dealing. What a novel idea. Oh and that dealership does not have a commercial pledging how "honest" it is . Hey Bowen! People are not stupid!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts