Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just asked my dealer for an update and he replied to me that my order has been "locked into production". I am not 100% certain what that means as far as timing goes, but from some quick internet searches it sounds like it's moving closer to production. I had been told in the past on this Forum that my order had been scheduled for production, and it appears this is the next step. One web site I found said that the build can not accept any changes now that it has been locked. Any idea when I should see a VIN assigned to my car or should that have happened already? I placed my order with the dealership in mid October when the order banks opened.

Has anyone else been placed into Locked?

·
Super Moderator
15,340 Posts
Doesn't this mean that you can't change your order since you've been selected for scheduling? These different dealership play on words!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
471 Posts
I wouldn't worry if I were you, you'll probably have a VIN soon. I haven't even been selected for scheduling yet so consider yourself lucky!

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Sounds like some dealer made-up feel-good $hit that they like to spew. Get your order # and delaer code into mboles2's thread "Order Status" and get the real status.

Jim

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds like some dealer made-up feel-good $hit that they like to spew. Get your order # and delaer code into mboles2's thread "Order Status" and get the real status.

Jim
Yes I have done that and I haven't heard back in a week.

I am not worried about it, i was just curious and on another site from a Google search for the term Ford locked into production made it appear this was the next step past Scheduled for Production, on the way to production.

I was just curious if anyone else had heard that term or not.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
I haven't. What I understand is "Unselected", "Selected for Scheduling", "Build Week Scheduled", then "Build Day Scheduled". Not sure after that but I suspect there are a bunch more phases after production actually happens.

I want this to happen for you, but I also want you to get realistic info so you stay grounded. Many of us have gotten incorrect info at one or more steps on this journey.

Jim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
6 Participants
Slider
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing