1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2016 FORD FOCUS RS
unnamed.jpg
Tom Holzer Ford
Special Order Opportunity
You are receiving this notice because you have expressed interest in the
2016 Ford Focus RS!
Tom Holzer Ford is currently able to order its first two 2016 Focus RS’s.
We are contacting all interested parties in order to establish pricing and to award the ability to
special order the first two Focus RS’s of our dealer allocation to your specifications!
Due to the high interest and demand for this limited production vehicle, dealers will be selling the RS for well over MSRP.
This will be a silent bid event. One bid per person. Highest 2 bids win rights to the cars.
Please return this notice with the amount over MSRP that you are willing to pay to special order your Focus RS.
Bids must be submitted by Friday 11-13-2015 at 6pm. No exceptions.
Deposits and order for winning bids must be submitted by Monday 11-16-15.
**See email attachment for a fully loaded mock up example order.
There will be a required $2,000 Non-Refundable deposit at time of order. (Applicable to the sale at time of delivery)​

I'm tempted reply back "negative $500" as my opening bid. Should I tell them I have mine locked in at $100 under MSRP with a $500 refundable deposit? Should I tell them that's not even Mk3 RS? ahhh fail...

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
These stupid, money hungry, greedy dealers make my face hurt.

"The monkey reaches his hand into the jar, grabs the food, making a fist with his paw. Now, the monkey’s dilemma: the monkey cannot get his hand out of the jar unless he drops the food. The neck of the jar is simply not wide enough. Of course, the monkey could drop the food and easily get his hand out, but it won’t. Despite having at his command the means to escape, it does not — it holds his hand grasping the food until a hunter throws a net over it, capturing it."

·
Registered
197 Posts
As far as these auctions ive seen for the RS this isent the worst one, you can theoretically only bid 100 dollars over MSRP and get the car, this is better than having a open auction like ebay lol

·
Registered
213 Posts
Im sure being an email silent auction if they only got the +100 over MSRP likely they will just say the individuals did not win and find another way to irk out more from the cars.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I had a dealer in Maine try and pull this.

However, the salesman casually mentioned to me they only had interest from 5 people (for 2 allocations). He called me first to try to get bidding started at $2000. I politely declined, and I haven't heard anything back since.

When I first contacted him, his first offer was $10k over MSRP.

·
Super Moderator
15,323 Posts
There was a dealership outside of Tulsa, OK that did something similar and that ended with a winning $200 bid.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
That would be fun. Maybe a bunch of bids from Nigeria that would require them to send a little money to process a $100K bid?

Jim (aka Solicitor B'Aka Nogo)

·
Registered
1,060 Posts

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Tom Holzer Ford,

We welcome your comments to improve on your experience. Please forward your comments to our General Manager Karim Abboud,
[email protected]
They'll just add our email addys to their spam database, probably not worth a note to them. You gotta know this guy is aware of what's happening.

Jim

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Tom Holzer Ford,

We welcome your comments to improve on your experience. Please forward your comments to our General Manager Karim Abboud,
[email protected]

I wonder if the GM supports their RS sales strategy ?

YMMV,

MidCow3
For fun I tried to contact them to tell them I was interested in the RS, so I sent an email:

Response from Mailer Daemon:

Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

<[email protected]>:

Mail server for "tholzerford.com" unreachable for too long :

LOL what a dealership!

YMMV,

MidCow3

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
11 Participants
MidCow3
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing