Ford Focus RS Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Was sent OEM Boss 302 heads instead of ported Boss 302 heads - no resolution made forced to accept them.

Was not sent any flow bench data, when finally sent one it was for a different set of heads nothing to do with mine.

Was sent heads with sodium filled exhaust valves instead of stainless as requested - no resolution - was told their engineers felt I would like sodium better for my needs. Had to buy valves and replace myself after the fact with no reimbursement.

Extremely slow customer service often with no reply for weeks - was only able to resolve issues with them by showing up at their office and dealing with them direct.

Pretty poor / sloppy service dealing with racing customers who drop 14k on a long block

1/10 would never trust them for RS tuning - their main money maker is dealing with the OEMs, aftermarket is secondary and it shows.

If you have spent more money than that with them and have a positive experience you may be able to change my mind, otherwise no.
That's disappointing to hear. I've had great luck with them, and I've definitely spent more money there than on just tunes. Most recently, they built me an LS7 for my Z06 vette, a few years back that made 600rwhp NA. I was very specific about what I wanted, and they delivered on everything. Several friends of mine have had multiple engine build projects done by them as well, and all are returning customers.

With all of that said, I just had my tunes updated yesterday. Anthony was very helpful, and got me exactly what I needed. Their new revision with "no rev hang" is great. I've always hated that about the stock tune. For a tune only car, the power gains are impressive, and if you don't have their latest revision, I suggest having them send it to you.

·
Registered
786 Posts
What issues exactly? You've never elaborated on them, but have stated this a few times.
Was sent OEM Boss 302 heads instead of ported Boss 302 heads - no resolution made forced to accept them.

Was not sent any flow bench data, when finally sent one it was for a different set of heads nothing to do with mine.

Was sent heads with sodium filled exhaust valves instead of stainless as requested - no resolution - was told their engineers felt I would like sodium better for my needs. Had to buy valves and replace myself after the fact with no reimbursement.

Extremely slow customer service often with no reply for weeks - was only able to resolve issues with them by showing up at their office and dealing with them direct.

Pretty poor / sloppy service dealing with racing customers who drop 14k on a long block

1/10 would never trust them for RS tuning - their main money maker is dealing with the OEMs, aftermarket is secondary and it shows.

If you have spent more money than that with them and have a positive experience you may be able to change my mind, otherwise no.
I in fact have spent much much more than that with them and have done it over 3 different vehicles. I am very happy with them. I like them cause they do t follow the crowd. Only ones who could get me true flex fuel without a rail. I also don’t need an e content sensor because as far as I know they are the only ones who’s handheld can unlock that logic that is in the ecu already.
I’m sure they ya e some things slip through the cracks and have some unhappy customers. But I could say the same thing about tune plus as I tried to have him do my build but he was straight up not telling me the truth on certain questions and talked to me like I was a dumbass and everything he says is right. Not saying he doesn’t do good work find a tuner you like and go. For me I have one over 200,000 miles of tuned, one at 60,000, and my RS. None have had any issues. I like they don’t use Cobb. When I buy a new truck I take my tuner out and send them new info. They send it back with tunes for new truck no cost. Haven’t found a Cobb tuner that does that.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I also here back from them very fast. Never more than a day. I’ve had very good luck with that when it comes to every tuner I’ve used but lms has amazing tunes and make it easy. Only way I wouldn’t use them is if I went syvec. They said they would not tune a syvec for me so I may have to figure that out when the time comes.

·
Registered
92 Posts
With all of that said, I just had my tunes updated yesterday. Anthony was very helpful, and got me exactly what I needed. Their new revision with "no rev hang" is great. I've always hated that about the stock tune. For a tune only car, the power gains are impressive, and if you don't have their latest revision, I suggest having them send it to you.
For the RS? Do you have an email for someone over there who will actually reply??

·
Registered
121 Posts
Just email their tuning email address and you should get a response back within a couple days tops. I've always had great communication with them, and they don't even charge for support/updates unlike some other tuners who seem to be tight lipped unless you are paying for more tuning sessions.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I in fact have spent much much more than that with them and have done it over 3 different vehicles. I am very happy with them. I like them cause they do t follow the crowd. Only ones who could get me true flex fuel without a rail. I also don’t need an e content sensor because as far as I know they are the only ones who’s handheld can unlock that logic that is in the ecu already.
I’m sure they ya e some things slip through the cracks and have some unhappy customers. But I could say the same thing about tune plus as I tried to have him do my build but he was straight up not telling me the truth on certain questions and talked to me like I was a dumbass and everything he says is right. Not saying he doesn’t do good work find a tuner you like and go. For me I have one over 200,000 miles of tuned, one at 60,000, and my RS. None have had any issues. I like they don’t use Cobb. When I buy a new truck I take my tuner out and send them new info. They send it back with tunes for new truck no cost. Haven’t found a Cobb tuner that does that.
Mate, can I PM you cause that has just blown my mind - flex fuel on the OEM ECU? You for real?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
786 Posts
Any of you local guys going to the RS meet up on the 11th at octane? Followed by track day?
I’m gonna make the drive down with the edge and the RS. Gonna leave the truck home this time as it’s always fast and haveing 3 down is to much. Would be a fun drive from octane to the track I promis that. Lol

·
Registered
78 Posts
Some questions for those who have worked with LM.

1. Do they have some sort of validation in place once they send you your tune file if dealing remotely? I don't mean refinements necessarily, but just a verification that the tune is working well with fuel, etc.
2. Is there some sort of data logging feature with their device?
3. If you visit them in person is there an option to validate on a dyno?

Thanks.

·
Registered
786 Posts
So the do t need to validate it after the fact of going remotely. They have built a solid tune based on the Stratagy code you provide them. As also stated by full blown the ecu is very smart in this car and can make lots of little adjustments. You can gain some power by going in and having the dyno run done but in my past ones very little to gain. The tunes the have on file are pretty incredible. I’ve stacked them up against some other well know e tunes and yet to find a faster one. Let alone a more reliable tune.
Now take that with a grain of salt cause when running two tunes cars the driver makes some difference. I can tell you that you will not need a validation if they have a file for it. I have tons of miles on mine and know several others with eco stangs, trucks and, st that’s have run over 100,000 with the tunes via email and have had no issues.
So basically they tune they build is based off dyno runs they made on a car and have made safe. The little difference between cars the ecu makes those corrections. The tunes you buy and e tune are really never build on a dyno. They make the changes they want. Send you a file then you log it. Send them results and they makes small changes till they are in that safe window and let the ecu make the small daily changes needed.
Both systems work fine just less work with the lms tune. I’m very happy with them on all mine. Doesn’t mean it right for you.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I can answer those yes they can do 93 with less pops I made it for mine, yes the auto can be disabled I did it, yes lc can be changed and mine is set up so when I’m in first and clutch is in it is always in LC and gives me a LC display when activated.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Since I commented on your post about this a month or so ago, I'm just curious what your "specific needs" are. I'm not going to preach about LMS being perfect, because they are not...but I can say that their customer service has always satisfied me...but I am local, and maybe that helps. You do have to remember that they are a huge place. RS business is a tiny fraction of what they do on a daily basis, so I can see them not being as dedicated to your needs, as a shop that is more tailored to the ST/RS platform.
I believe I replied?

I asked them two simple questions.

1. Can you send me a tune, identical to the 93 octane one you did without the extra pops and bangs? no reply, its been 3+ weeks
2. What other options can I customize or request with the tune? Auto on/off? Hill assist? Launch Control? no reply, its been 4+ weeks

I know the RS is a small part of what they do, but I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.
See above post

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
About this Discussion
34 Replies
16 Participants
Snox801
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing