Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why are they so dog gone expensive. They don't use cobb tuning they use there own to me
that's not a good thing. A lot of people like to have it versatile to where they can have
multiple tuners to run off one system. So it looks like i wont be using them for my RS.
Has anyone being dealing with them on here? What are your thoughts about livernois?

·
Registered
362 Posts
Why are they so dog gone expensive. They don't use cobb tuning they use there own to me
that's not a good thing. A lot of people like to have it versatile to where they can have
multiple tuners to run off one system. So it looks like i wont be using them for my RS.
Has anyone being dealing with them on here? What are your thoughts about livernois?
I know a few people that used them for e30 and e85 tunes. I used them on my old 2010 Ford flex so I could run e85 in it after I put larger injectors and pump to compensate for it. They were really helpful, in the end I had the car at 310whp from stock 251whp

·
Registered
62 Posts
Sounds like you already have your mind made up, so I'm not sure what you're really asking for. Confirmation bias maybe? No, they don't use the Cobb "system"...never have, never will. If that's what you want from a tuner, I'd look at the countless others who do use it, and get a tune from them. If you want to use Livernois, then you have to use their "method". They tune just about every single modern Ford, GM, and Chrysler product on the market. Cobb only supports the F150, Focus, Fusion and Mustang. Why would they invest in Cobb, when they already have a setup that works across the board, on dozens and dozens of platforms?

With that said, I'm happy with my Livernois tune. If you have questions about it, why don't you call them and see what they have to say?

·
Registered
737 Posts
They have an excellent reputation, even though you're off the beaten path as it were. I imagine it's more appealing if you're within range of their shop.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Great rep, love my tune but my god customer service sucks at LMS. I can't ever talk to anyone about my specific RS needs. Cant say anything other than Stratified is a must avoid...total garbage customer service and after purchasing from them I had to find to get everything refunded, for other companies.

Everyone has varying experience and may be upset with me for posting. But I cant really recommend LMS or Stratified. Maybe talk to other companies? Best to find someone local if you can!

·
Registered
496 Posts
Gotta say that listening to this and other posts, I am glad I settled on Tune+. Adam’s responsiveness is exceptional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
971 Posts
This has all been hashed out before. By now the RS is a known platform and I haven't many engine failure threads because of a bad tune in about a year. Depending on your mods, any tuner will be fine. The more exotic you get with parts and fueling, the more you should have a conversation with the tuner and check out their reputation.

OP, what are your mods and what tune are you going with?

·
Registered
362 Posts
This has all been hashed out before. By now the RS is a known platform and I haven't many engine failure threads because of a bad tune in about a year. Depending on your mods, any tuner will be fine. The more exotic you get with parts and fueling, the more you should have a conversation with the tuner and check out their reputation.

OP, what are your mods and what tune are you going with?
If the OP wants to go full e85, I reccomend livernois 100% they were the first doing it for the rs, and they do it very well.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Great rep, love my tune but my god customer service sucks at LMS. I can't ever talk to anyone about my specific RS needs. Cant say anything other than Stratified is a must avoid...total garbage customer service and after purchasing from them I had to find to get everything refunded, for other companies.

Everyone has varying experience and may be upset with me for posting. But I cant really recommend LMS or Stratified. Maybe talk to other companies? Best to find someone local if you can!
Since I commented on your post about this a month or so ago, I'm just curious what your "specific needs" are. I'm not going to preach about LMS being perfect, because they are not...but I can say that their customer service has always satisfied me...but I am local, and maybe that helps. You do have to remember that they are a huge place. RS business is a tiny fraction of what they do on a daily basis, so I can see them not being as dedicated to your needs, as a shop that is more tailored to the ST/RS platform.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i just wish they were a little closer to what i can afford. I live in michigan and would like to be able to go to
some place close by. I was looking at there prices online and was suprised how much a head would cost
done by them. Hell there fuel pump cost more than my fuel lab for my diesel truck. that pump is brushless
and capable of pushing 70 psi on avg and it is a 2 stage pump regular and a race side for the second stage.
not ragging on them just way expensive for me for parts.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Since I commented on your post about this a month or so ago, I'm just curious what your "specific needs" are. I'm not going to preach about LMS being perfect, because they are not...but I can say that their customer service has always satisfied me...but I am local, and maybe that helps. You do have to remember that they are a huge place. RS business is a tiny fraction of what they do on a daily basis, so I can see them not being as dedicated to your needs, as a shop that is more tailored to the ST/RS platform.
I believe I replied?

I asked them two simple questions.

1. Can you send me a tune, identical to the 93 octane one you did without the extra pops and bangs? no reply, its been 3+ weeks
2. What other options can I customize or request with the tune? Auto on/off? Hill assist? Launch Control? no reply, its been 4+ weeks

I know the RS is a small part of what they do, but I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I run the Livernois tune because I still had the tuner from my 2014 Taurus SHO and transferred it over. I have never had any issues or delays in email correspondence, are you sending in all the info of the vehicle as well as your question directly to tuning @ livernoismotorsports.com? I currently run the 93 tune with a downpipe, cat back and I think 4800k LC never had any issues and the car runs great. They said they will support the WG actuator and any other bolt on you can throw at it, I assume if it is new turbo or something of that nature they will not unless you take it to them, they do not support remote tuning at all. Been using them since 2014 with the SHO and now with the RS with no worries and no issues really...

·
Registered
62 Posts
I believe I replied?

I asked them two simple questions.

1. Can you send me a tune, identical to the 93 octane one you did without the extra pops and bangs? no reply, its been 3+ weeks
2. What other options can I customize or request with the tune? Auto on/off? Hill assist? Launch Control? no reply, its been 4+ weeks

I know the RS is a small part of what they do, but I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.
I'd send it again, and if you don't hear back within 48 business hours, I'd give them a call. Someone always answers the phone there. I just spoke with Anthony about RS tunes yesterday, although he isn't officially handling them anymore. Unfortunately, it just might require a little persistence. Make sure you include all of your information.

·
Registered
56 Posts
What issues exactly? You've never elaborated on them, but have stated this a few times.
Was sent OEM Boss 302 heads instead of ported Boss 302 heads - no resolution made forced to accept them.

Was not sent any flow bench data, when finally sent one it was for a different set of heads nothing to do with mine.

Was sent heads with sodium filled exhaust valves instead of stainless as requested - no resolution - was told their engineers felt I would like sodium better for my needs. Had to buy valves and replace myself after the fact with no reimbursement.

Extremely slow customer service often with no reply for weeks - was only able to resolve issues with them by showing up at their office and dealing with them direct.

Pretty poor / sloppy service dealing with racing customers who drop 14k on a long block

1/10 would never trust them for RS tuning - their main money maker is dealing with the OEMs, aftermarket is secondary and it shows.

If you have spent more money than that with them and have a positive experience you may be able to change my mind, otherwise no.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Livernois Motorsports Great Company

I've been running the 93 Livernois Tune on my 18 RS for about 11 months and absolutely love it. I also run their tune on my 2015 Ford Explorer sport. They know what they're doing with Ecoboost Fords. True, they don't use the Cobb tuner, but they make a lot of power with tuner they're using. Every upgrade / modification request I made, Anthony has always responded and provided my upgraded MAP within 48 hours or less. And I've made several.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Was sent OEM Boss 302 heads instead of ported Boss 302 heads - no resolution made forced to accept them.

Was not sent any flow bench data, when finally sent one it was for a different set of heads nothing to do with mine.

Was sent heads with sodium filled exhaust valves instead of stainless as requested - no resolution - was told their engineers felt I would like sodium better for my needs. Had to buy valves and replace myself after the fact with no reimbursement.

Extremely slow customer service often with no reply for weeks - was only able to resolve issues with them by showing up at their office and dealing with them direct.

Pretty poor / sloppy service dealing with racing customers who drop 14k on a long block

1/10 would never trust them for RS tuning - their main money maker is dealing with the OEMs, aftermarket is secondary and it shows.

If you have spent more money than that with them and have a positive experience you may be able to change my mind, otherwise no.
The point here, and you even state it, is that they work heavily with OEM.

If all you are getting through them is a tune, I would say it's going to be quality given their OEM connections...

All of your issues were un-related to tuning.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
About this Discussion
34 Replies
16 Participants
Snox801
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing