Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys great news! We have finished our High Pressure Fuel Pump for the RS. Go to our website livernoismotorsports.com or call in for more details 313-561-5500. The new Firestorm Fuel Pump supplies up to 40% more fuel than the factory fuel pump. This is a complete bolt on upgraded kit included is the new high presssure fuel pump, new custom fuel line and hardware to make installation easy. While the installing of the pump is fairly easy it must be accompanied by custom tuning to work correctly. ex_q90_w680_h_images_ePIM_original_2.3L_HPFP.jpg ex_q90_w680_h_images_ePIM_original_006.jpg

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hey guys great news! We have finished our High Pressure Fuel Pump for the RS. Go to our website livernoismotorsports.com or call in for more details 313-561-5500. The new Firestorm Fuel Pump supplies up to 40% more fuel than the factory fuel pump. This is a complete bolt on upgraded kit included is the new high presssure fuel pump, new custom fuel line and hardware to make installation easy. While the installing of the pump is fairly easy it must be accompanied by custom tuning to work correctly. View attachment 228657 View attachment 228665
So I take it this is an alternative to higher flow injectors or external fueling?

How much more can be pumped through the injectors? 40% or is there some loss?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Is this a variable pressure pump or is it a constant pressure? Do you overdrive the injector and lose idle control?

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
So I take it this is an alternative to higher flow injectors or external fueling?

How much more can be pumped through the injectors? 40% or is there some loss?

That's not how it works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Mind explaining it then?

The pump flows more, but you'd never be able to use that flow without upgrading the DI injectors. You can only pump so much fluid through a given orifice size. This wouldn't be an alternative to upgrading injectors, it would be a supporting mod.

·
Registered
100 Posts
The pump flows more, but you'd never be able to use that flow without upgrading the DI injectors. You can only pump so much fluid through a given orifice size. This wouldn't be an alternative to upgrading injectors, it would be a supporting mod.

Ok I figured that was the case but thought the oem injectors still had headroom and that this is equivalent to fuel pressure regulators on port injection cars.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alright guys I'll do my best to answer all your questions. This is an alternative for external fueling. High flow injectors would be more of a band aid to the issue. You would be limited by the injectors before the pump. This will pump 40% more through the injectors. This is a variable pressure pump. You do not lose idle control when tuned properly

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Ok I figured that was the case but thought the oem injectors still had headroom and that this is equivalent to fuel pressure regulators on port injection cars.

See above I was wrong on this one

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's been one of the biggest bottlenecks aside from the turbo on that platform hasn't it? Hence all of the aux fueling options. Would be nice to sort it out at the root.
For sure, we are research and developing these pumps more and more. SO hopefully sooner or later we will have a pump for that as well

·
Registered
943 Posts
Does the pump come with the information needed to calibrate it for tuning platforms other than Livernois? (i.e. Cobb, HPTuners, etc)? I imagine that you'll sell a ton of these to guys looking more power without aux fueling but the proposition becomes much less attractive if they're locked into only using the Livernois tuner and/or tunes.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Does the pump come with the information needed to calibrate it for tuning platforms other than Livernois? (i.e. Cobb, HPTuners, etc)? I imagine that you'll sell a ton of these to guys looking more power without aux fueling but the proposition becomes much less attractive if they're locked into only using the Livernois tuner and/or tunes.
We don't give out our calibrations but can work with customers on their tunes from a different platform.

·
Registered
59 Posts
could you please list all the tuning devices that support hpfp tuning ? i mention this as ADAM from TUNE+ has admittedly reported the pump failed to sustain pressure before, tuning with cobb devices .maybe this changed ever since ? not bashing this but if i have to buy this pump for $1600 then upgrade injectors at least $600 more it would result more expensive than the most advanced aux fuel kit ?

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
I think any competent ecoboost tuner will be able to handle more fuel pressure.

I figure it’s easier than tuning for aux fueling or even meth.

Each tuner will just need to climb the learning curve of a higher output hpfp.

·
Registered
659 Posts
could you please list all the tuning devices that support hpfp tuning ? i mention this as ADAM from TUNE+ has admittedly reported the pump failed to sustain pressure before, tuning with cobb devices .maybe this changed ever since ? not bashing this but if i have to buy this pump for $1600 then upgrade injectors at least $600 more it would result more expensive than the most advanced aux fuel kit ?
And it does not have the advantage of intake valve cleaning like aux fuel does.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
About this Discussion
30 Replies
14 Participants
MN_RS
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing