Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone figured out the paint code for Liquid blue yet? or found a wrap that matches it?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Has anyone figured out the paint code for Liquid blue yet? or found a wrap that matches it?
I was talking with a Ford performance employee, it's something like 11 different coats, one of which is actually red. Not realistic to have done. Would be an extremely expensive paint job.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I was talking with a Ford performance employee, it's something like 11 different coats, one of which is actually red. Not realistic to have done. Would be an extremely expensive paint job.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Whats liquid blue?
Ciao

EDIT....never mind I found out. If the 11 coat is truly genuine(which I doubt on a production car) I'd stay well away. Imagine any sort of repair on that, it would be a nightmare.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
The liquid blue wasn’t a production paint code. I’m very inclined to believe that it’s really a 11 coat paint job.

it was done for their performance initiative.

it’s probably longer lasting and more durable than our normal
Paint jobs anyways. Custom jobs always are when done by a skilled body guy.
They cars were probably blocked and sanded to perfection before paint. And the once painted wet sanded to a glass finish afterwards.

but that’s because it was for a show car.

·
Premium Member
3,327 Posts
The liquid blue wasn’t a production paint code. I’m very inclined to believe that it’s really a 11 coat paint job.

it was done for their performance initiative.

it’s probably longer lasting and more durable than our normal
Paint jobs anyways. Custom jobs always are when done by a skilled body guy.
They cars were probably blocked and sanded to perfection before paint. And the once painted wet sanded to a glass finish afterwards.

but that’s because it was for a show car.
It became a production color (maybe not the same coats/process as the RS show car) on the Ford GT.

If I'm reading this site right the code may be PN2BE, but that is for the 2019 and the "paint chip" looks different between the 2018 and 2019 with the 2018 not having a code.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
The fiesta st in that color wound up being sold by a dealer. The owner was worried if it got damaged it literally could not be matched.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I worked at Ford at the time the Liquid Blue got released on the show cars. I can confirm that it was a ridiculously involved paint process. At the time they didn't think it was applicable even to the Ford GT, but they may have modified it sufficiently to offer it now. The amount of labor and time made it impossible for a series production car, before even getting to the cost or practicality. There's a similar color for the GT350/500, but I haven't seen it in person to know how close it comes. Side note FORD, if you can offer $10k paint stripes as an option, you might as well offer a $20k liquid blue option. Probably more takers for that one.

I have no idea what's possible with wraps these days, but getting anything close to that depth of color and reflectivity would be awesome.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts