Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys
What are your thoughts on the RS going on a diet to improve the power/weight ratio.
While its inevitable the tuners and parts will come flooding in, are there any ideas where potential weight savings can be found?

·
Registered
154 Posts
I'd be all over it like dogs on cat poop.

I am out of the tech loop these days, but A/C compressor, interior & insulation, battery could be removed. Replacing with lighter stuff: suspension arms, CVs/driveshafts, brake parts, but that probably will get extremely expensive in a big hurry.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like the idea of a lighter driveshaft
Thats a great starting point
Does anyone know if the seats will have airbags fitted

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi guys
What are your thoughts on the RS going on a diet to improve the power/weight ratio.
While its inevitable the tuners and parts will come flooding in, are there any ideas where potential weight savings can be found?
Yeah, get rid of the insurance pacifying unibody and all the airbags.

·
Registered
154 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
With a "childishly short" 1st gear the 0-60mph race (stop light to stop light) will impede the RS by at least by 0.5 to 1 sec. Leave out the "boy racer" mentality and let the awd/chassis overcome a drivers shortcomings.

Just saying....I know not of what I speak (type).

·
Registered
154 Posts
With a "childishly short" 1st gear the 0-60mph race (stop light to stop light) will impede the RS by at least by 0.5 to 1 sec. Leave out the "boy racer" mentality and let the awd/chassis overcome a drivers shortcomings.

Just saying....I know not of what I speak (type).
Yeah, I know it will hurt the car in arguments/whatnot with 2 shifts/losing traction/overapplying throttle and crashing into ditch on the way to 60. I pipe dream: I used to have a Rabbit GTI, which was way better than whatever the hell its numbers were, and first got you about from the crosswalk to the stop light. Also I am a child.

Also: What the heck, I found an Evo RS review from like a decade ago and the link got obliterated. Lemme try agin: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution RS ? Instrumented Test ? Car and Driver

·
Super Moderator
15,325 Posts
Hhhhmmm. Rear Seat delete kit, first comes to mind.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
6 Participants
Hoonigan
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing