Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anything hot and new to report on this topic? Haven't been following it.

Any consensus on the highest quality kit available?

Thanks

Ehhhh - never mind! first round of searching completely missed a very informative thread. Found all the info I needed.

·
Registered
762 Posts
You can buy 2 Shorai LFX36 batteries for that price, granted they have 4amp/hr less. But still.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Someones numbers don't add up, and I'm leaning towards Shorai. A battery at less than half the weight and only 10 percent less amp hours...... Their cold cranking amps seem rather high as well.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Shorai LFX 36 @ 50k miles trouble free, minus one time I listened to radio way too long. LOL

·
Registered
378 Posts
Running the Shorai as well, not as long as Shimmer but no issues so far at a year and 10k miles. If you don't daily your car I wouldn't go more than 3-4 days without a tender though.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I have the odyssey, only need to charge if it sits 2 weeks or more but I live in socal

·
Premium Member
752 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
On another note, anyone relocate battery to rear?
I've done it on other vehicles and it really insn't worth it with today's light weight lithium options. You need proper fusing on both sides and 20 feet of 4 gauge wire not to mention time and mounting considerations. This car also has a module on the negative terminal so not sure if you would need to run both wires to the rear.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I'm running the MeLe box and odyssey battery, we'll see how it does long term. My car is my daily.
Went to order that Mele box since it can fit my shorai without modification, but then saw they added 35$ in fees when you try and place the order.... 20$ shipping, 3$ payment fee and some random 'Indiana' fee for 11$..... It looks nice but I hate doing business with companies that do crap like this to hide the actual cost, so guess I'll either modify a grimmspeed or make my own.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I’m just over two years on the shorie and modded Grimm speed. Only issue was it sat off the charger over the winter the first year at lms and died. After that no issues when plugged in.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'm running the MeLe box and odyssey battery, we'll see how it does long term. My car is my daily.
Went to order that Mele box since it can fit my shorai without modification, but then saw they added 35$ in fees when you try and place the order.... 20$ shipping, 3$ payment fee and some random 'Indiana' fee for 11$..... It looks nice but I hate doing business with companies that do crap like this to hide the actual cost, so guess I'll either modify a grimmspeed or make my own.

Maybe it's because I just ordered the raw box, but I didnt have any additional fees or anything? I paid $145 via paypal, shipping was free. Just double checked my account, and yep no other charges.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Maybe it's because I just ordered the raw box, but I didnt have any additional fees or anything? I paid $145 via paypal, shipping was free. Just double checked my account, and yep no other charges.
Appears when I added focus RS to my search, I was being sent to a 3rd party site that had the fees. And they listed it as a v2?.... But you are correct, it's showing as 145 for the aluminum version on the correct site. Ordered, thanks.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Bumping this thread since I'm now looking for places to reduce weight with the addition of skid plates. Figured the battery would be the easiest place to start. Any options out there that keep the stock battery box?

Not too keen on the small battery trays (MeLe, Grimmspeed, etc.) since I have my ethanol sensor already mounted to my stock box. Also, I'd like to keep the use of the stock box's battery cover since I have hood vents and would like to keep water out as much as possible.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts