Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Focus RS Nitrous Blue
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I got my stock exhaust (Thanks @Boom2x ) and got the old center exit Lyfe Motorsports exhaust pulled out.
Getting the rear diffuser off was not a good time, but I prevailed.
So, in the process, I see this doohickey plugged into the lead that would normally plug into my exhaust valve...
Anyone have an idea of what it is? I am assuming some sort of device that tricks the car into thinking it has an exhaust valve still...
That part number is for a stock RS MK3 exhaust valve...

They chopped up the black trim piece around the exhaust, but they did it somewhat cleanly, so I can live with it until the replacement piece shows up.

Attachments

·
Registered
545 Posts
That looks like the stock exhaust valve but with a plate on the side with the servo. I've attached what the side with the brown plate should look like. Do you have the spring somewhere? You'll need it.

·
Registered
687 Posts
As you said, they left the motor plugged in so the car wouldn’t display “drive modes not available” every time they started the car. Most use a delete plug, which is just a resistor and does the same thing. So they did this before a delete plug came to the market, they had access to a cnc machine and wanted to make that plate, or they like wasting money. A google search of “focus rs exhaust valve delete” will show the delete plug for around $30 and plates for about $80. But why leave the motor on the car if you can use a plug and remove the motor? Especially if the exhaust deleted the valve. 🤷‍♂️

1 - 3 of 3 Posts