Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see the RS comes with the HID lights and LED accents. I was hoping they would do LED like the WRX Limited - even though only the low beams are LED (hi beams are halogen) . Ford has LED as a production option on the F150 now that they could have used as a parts bin. I hear the LED run real hot though and need cooling.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
With a few exceptions I still prefer the beam pattern of a nice HID projector over the LED OEM setups today. I'm sure in a few years that won't be true but for now I have no issues with the HIDs. They likely won't be D2S though which sucks since I have a number of spare D2S bulbs.. no cheap ones either and I'm selling my only other D2S equipped car :(

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
With a few exceptions I still prefer the beam pattern of a nice HID projector over the LED OEM setups today. I'm sure in a few years that won't be true but for now I have no issues with the HIDs. They likely won't be D2S though which sucks since I have a number of spare D2S bulbs.. no cheap ones either and I'm selling my only other D2S equipped car :(
The ST uses a 25w D8s bulb. I'm not too impressed, so I'm hoping the RS will at least use a 35w system and a more common bulb like the D2S.

·
Registered
263 Posts
The ST uses a 25w D8s bulb. I'm not too impressed, so I'm hoping the RS will at least use a 35w system and a more common bulb like the D2S.
Agreed. It should be similar to the D3S system offered on Focus today.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Agreed. It should be similar to the D3S system offered on Focus today.
Yeah that sucks. I do have a brand new set of FXR projectors laying around though.... hmmm...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts