Ford Focus RS Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,848 Posts
I got the Sylvanias based on this thread and there is no way that they fit. The housing opening is too small for the led housing to fit in. My car is a 2018, how the hell did other people get these to fit?

I have not installed mine, but when I saw this message I went to the garage and start taking out the driver side fog light housing.

The fittings itself is apples to a apples:

The issue is the LED heat sync is not completely round:

Hitting the hole on those two edges:

I'll be shaving one side just a bit to go through, either that or dremel a small notch on the fog light housing.

Some other pressing stuff came up as I have not installed it on mine.

My apologies.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
That was the issue I encountered with the set of Sirius LEDs I found on Amazon and they looked smaller than the Sylvanias do. The opening into the fog light housing is pretty small on my 2016...just slightly larger than the original bulb.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Can confirm, no install issues with the ones linked by @Barksie above.

I was able to cancel my diode dynamics order and got the ones he linked from Amazon, which shipped overnight. Looks nice and bright and for nearly 1/4 the price. We'll see how they do long term.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I have installed these "Car-Rover" DUAL Color [6K/3K] LED bulb 2-pack since early 2017 and no issues at all.
But I got 'em thru amazon prime [US Warehouse] for $50 for the set and now appears to be discontinued... wonder which brand would be comparable & last like the Car-Rover ones I have installed...

These LEDs were defaulted to 6K color [white] and I have to push the foglight button off & back on to get it to "flip" to the 3K color [yellow].

DISCONTINUED Car Rover DUAL-Color LED 6K/3K

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
I have installed these "Car-Rover" DUAL Color [6K/3K] LED bulb 2-pack since early 2017 and no issues at all.
But I got 'em thru amazon prime [US Warehouse] for $50 for the set and now appears to be discontinued... wonder which brand would be comparable & last like the Car-Rover ones I have installed...

These LEDs were defaulted to 6K color [white] and I have to push the foglight button off & back on to get it to "flip" to the 3K color [yellow].

DISCONTINUED Car Rover DUAL-Color LED 6K/3K
Maybe there's a replacement, but I haven't found one yet. Let me know if you do.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have not installed mine, but when I saw this message I went to the garage and start taking out the driver side fog light housing.

View attachment 348671

The fittings itself is apples to a apples:
View attachment 348672

The issue is the LED heat sync is not completely round:

View attachment 348673

Hitting the hole on those two edges:

View attachment 348674

I'll be shaving one side just a bit to go through, either that or dremel a small notch on the fog light housing.

Some other pressing stuff came up as I have not installed it on mine.

My apologies.
Best of luck. I thought about shaving something down but I don't want to get shavings all over the inside of the housing. I may try to take a little from the bulb housing but since I already tore up the box and can't return the bulbs.

·
Premium Member
5,848 Posts
My OE foglight bulb on the driver side burned out this morning.

I do have light bulb coverage on my RS. I'll get it swapped out for good ones (taking them out after that and shelf it).

I already ordered the one form Amazon (from @Barksie and @BigFatFlip confirmation) and saving the Sylvania LED probably for my nephews MazdaSpeed6 or the Mrs. C-Max or even my daughter's Aveo.

Reactions: fuzzymoto

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Plug n play like the other ones:

Makes the car look cleaner and more visibility.

6K on the left - 3K on the right.
View attachment 348474
View attachment 348475 View attachment 348476
I did install these as well. The car has not left the garage since I installed them but they do work. With Covid it may be a while before I test them at night but I will follow up. They installed Plug-and-play...very easy. Hopefully they last a while.

·
Premium Member
5,848 Posts
No fan on it right?

·
Registered
316 Posts
I also installed them on mine and the first time I drove the car was amazed how much brighter the road looked - definitely a great replacement for the OEM fog bulbs.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
I did install these as well. The car has not left the garage since I installed them but they do work. With Covid it may be a while before I test them at night but I will follow up. They installed Plug-and-play...very easy. Hopefully they last a while.
Mine are in and they looked good driving in the dark. I'll see how long they last but so far so good. Noticeably brighter but not blinding to oncoming traffic.

·
Premium Member
5,848 Posts
I just installed it today since I thought the last time I saw it out it was imagination.

I used a driver than a rachet so I don't over torque the torx bolt.

Damn filament is burnt just enough to intermittently work:

Side by side comparo:

Goes to the housing snug:

I was concern if the heat sink is touching anything:

No touchy!

and the LED are pointed up and down:

Its says it has avg life of 50,000 hours.

I did sign up at their site for additional 6 month warranty.

Can't beat less than $19 shipped.

Reactions: GmpaJimj
41 - 57 of 57 Posts