Ford Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2016 Focus RS has finally lost it's first fog light bulb and I'm wondering what the viable options are for AFFORDABLE LED replacement bulbs. There is a thread on installing the fog bulbs, but most of the links to buy bulbs no longer work or don't seem to be the right bulb. I also found out the hard way that some of the bulbs on Amazon that say they fit, DO NOT fit in the Focus RS housing. I also know there are $120 options that will fit, but I'd rather be below $50 for two bulbs.

Anyone have anything they can confirm fitment on the 2016 Focus RS without modification or heat/reliability issues?
Anyone using the bicolor bulbs that fit and work?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Mine are stock and its a MY16. I have thought of biting the bullet and getting the DoidDynamic ones but don't really need them

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think at $60 per bulb the DD bulbs are just too much $$. I'm sure someone is running under $40 per pair LEDS with a good experience.

·
Premium Member
6,540 Posts
I bought a set of Sylvania led fogs when it went on sale +$15 gift card. So $50 and three year warranty

Plug and play, no additional tail to tuck in.

Reactions: Wiley Marmot

·
Registered
6 Posts
Too often you do get what you pay for. I coughed up the $120 to CJ Pony Parts for LED fog bulbs. The color looks great, and they fit.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I got some off Amazon for like 18$ bright and been going strong for 8 months by Alla lighting part number h11-eti-561B mine are ice blue in color

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I bought a set of Sylvania led fogs when it went on sale +$15 gift card. So $50 and three year warranty

View attachment 348454

Plug and play, no additional tail to tuck in.
Are they noticeably brighter than stock? And they fit inside the housing? The LED's I tried were too large for the housing. So they are normally $75-ish

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Has anyone found a bicolor (switches between white and yellow on each power on) set that fits?

·
Premium Member
6,540 Posts
Are they noticeably brighter than stock? And they fit inside the housing? The LED's I tried were too large for the housing. So they are normally $75-ish

It's the same form factor as the OE, so plug and play and does not take extra space than the OE.

6000K, almost close the the headlights.

Typically $69.99 at a retail store.

O'reilly had a $15 mail in rebate and had it on sale.

Right now they have a $10 mail in rebate for it.

·
Premium Member
6,540 Posts
Has anyone found a bicolor (switches between white and yellow on each power on) set that fits?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks...I've been through that thread a bunch of times. Most of the links are broken or no longer refer directly to an actual bulb (just the site) and many of the posts are out of date.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It's the same form factor as the OE, so plug and play and does not take extra space than the OE.

6000K, almost close the the headlights.

Typically $69.99 at a retail store.

O'reilly had a $15 mail in rebate and had it on sale.

Right now they have a $10 mail in rebate for it.
Thank you..it's close to where I'd like to be $$

·
Premium Member
6,540 Posts
Thanks...I've been through that thread a bunch of times. Most of the links are broken or no longer refer directly to an actual bulb (just the site) and many of the posts are out of date.
there are some listed in Amazon for dual color:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks...I'll check them out. I was hoping to have a direct replacement and not have to run a cable or risk that they won't fit in the opening or the light housing. Are you using these in an RS?

·
Premium Member
6,540 Posts
I opted with the Sylvania as they are the right fit and its plug and play.

I do not have the need for the dual color one.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts