Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my rs for several months now and I know the guy before me installed stuff to it but I’m not exactly sure what. Does anyone know where I could go to get it looked at?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Ford Service that has dealt with this particular car would help too. But certain modifications will void warranty, most won't.

As for performance shops, it is hard to find reliable ones in certain regions. Same goes for mechanics in general.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Most common things are easy to spot and take all of 20 minutes with a quick walk around. Here's the easy ones that 99% of RSs have:

The exhaust, aftermarket units usually have a brand logo on the tips or muffler, or are missing a flapper valve. Aftermarket cats will leave an obvious smell and you'll hear the turbo spool.
The stock intercooler has plastic endtanks, aftermarket ones don't.
The OEM bypass valve is plastic, pull your passenger wheel and look for it on the side of the turbo.
OEM charge pipes are plastic. OEM couplers are matte black, look for anything glossy.
OEM intake is plastic and has the RS logo on it, the filter housing also has the logo, and the filter is paper.
OEM springs/shocks are black, check the function by using the Sport suspension toggle.

If you're still worried after that, take it to a mechanic, but that's the Basic Build™

1 - 5 of 5 Posts