Ford Focus RS Forum banner
81 - 88 of 88 Posts

· Registered
972 Posts
Having had these trans since 2014 and having at least 250k combined mileage . I’m confident in the diagnosis of venting due to pressure and inability of oem filter to keep up. Replace it and let it vent properly to atmosphere and your leak issues are gone. Link is in thread broskiz

Reactions: morbid and big jim

· Registered
609 Posts
Looks like I'm joining the club. Gonna have them take a look at it while they are doing the HG recall and hopefully get it taken care of at the same time.Curious how yours is holding up. Was the fix just resealing the shift tower? So no need to order a new one?
What ever happened with this, I see your leak looks exactly as bad as mine, did you ever reseal or change out the tower? I wonder how many oz it takes to fill up those nooks and crannies as Ive already filled them up twice now! Just changed the fluid so Ill pay more attention to how much it's losing going forward.

Automotive tire Bicycle part Motor vehicle Rim Fender
Silver Material property Font Tints and shades Automotive lighting
Silver Material property Font Tints and shades Automotive lighting
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Automotive wheel system Bicycle part

• Sad
Reactions: nicklulu

· Registered
3,679 Posts
What ever happened with this, I see your leak looks exactly as bad as mine, did you ever reseal or change out the tower? I wonder how many oz it takes to fill up those nooks and crannies as Ive already filled them up twice now! Just changed the fluid so Ill pay more attention to how much it's losing going forward.
Ya, I ended up taking it off and resealing it when I swapped the mountune arm for the modified OEM one as part of the CAE shifter install. Area has been clean and dry since.

Just do yourself a favor and just reseal it. Pretty straightforward, just 3 or 4 bolts (you'll have to rotate the arm to get access to one of them if I recall), clean off the old sealant, reapply new sealant and reinstall.

· Registered
1 Posts
so I was looking for any one that has had this problem and found your post, I think mine is worse! I actually have puddles. Dealer said it's from the vent. I am waiting for a call back from the service manager. I do not think this is acceptable. Has anyone else had this amount of gear box vent oil? View attachment 216578
I’m having the same issue with my Focus st right not, I did have the tower shift resealed but the issue still remains. I also have the cobb shorts shifter installed and wonder if this is causing some strain and tension on the tower shift causing it to leak.

· Registered
12 Posts
I’m having the same issue with my Focus st right not, I did have the tower shift resealed but the issue still remains. I also have the cobb shorts shifter installed and wonder if this is causing some strain and tension on the tower shift causing it to leak.
No but get rid of the Cobb short shift plate and replace it with shift arm. I recommend the jbr trans shift arm. The shift plates are really hard on our trans shift cables syncros and forks

81 - 88 of 88 Posts