Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Nice... 345hp, probably the max output from the overboost. I wonder what the torque curve must look like?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FordUK are replying to the claim as a 'typo'

Might be the same type of 'typo' Ford Ukraine publishing the Mk3 RS was AWD before the reveal. oops ;)

·
Super Moderator
1,948 Posts
oh man I hope this is true! If it was truly a typo you'd think they would've changed it or removed by now?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh man I hope this is true! If it was truly a typo you'd think they would've changed it or removed by now?
The thing is, the sentence is quite different from all of the other websites. It simply cannot be a simple typo. "In excess of 350PS" for example.

Elsewhere: "In excess of 320PS"

Source: "delivers 350PS"

·
Super Moderator
1,948 Posts
The thing is, the sentence is quite different from all of the other websites. It simply cannot be a simple typo. "In excess of 350PS" for example.

Elsewhere: "In excess of 320PS"

Source: "delivers 350PS"
yes, exactly! F*CK YES!

·
Registered
17 Posts
This puts all the RS's competitors on notice if true. Especially you Subaru and your poop motor, with almost the same amount power for over decade now.

·
Registered
141 Posts
This puts all the RS's competitors on notice if true. Especially you Subaru and your poop motor, with almost the same amount power for over decade now.
Subaru has said that all of their cars will have direct injection by 2016.

http://www.autonews.com/article/20140509/OEM/140509810/subaru-plans-more-u.s.-capacity-unveils-new-technology

There will also be a single modularized platform for all their vehicles, which if they can pull it off will make a great amount of sense. Subaru really needs to step it up for the STI, of course, but there is a 0% chance that they will hurry it up at the expense of their other vehicles. It will either happen by that 2016 timeline, or it won't happen at all.

·
Registered
29 Posts
This is about the lowest I would have been OK with. I know I have high standards, but in order for me to get over my S4 fascination this things needs to be a absolute beast. My Mountuned ST is already overtaking any set of tires I can put on it at 275HP, so add 75ish HP onto that and two more drive wheels and I think I will be happy.

·
Super Moderator
15,480 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts