Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Based on the lack of new information floating around, I'm making the assumption that Ford is going to release some more news some time soon?
[SUP]Something, anything to feed my addiction please :eek:[/SUP]
Whats the standard time frame around when the car would be released to the public and journos would get a chance to get their hands on a car?
Can we expect something soon?

·
Registered
1,652 Posts

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I thought this thread should have a pic. In fact I. Think all threads should start with a pic.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
I honestly would expect to see some first ride reviews soon, but as far as tests or letting the journalists drive the RS I think we are still 3-6 months away.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I bet all those RS's on the back of that truck have already been properly thrashed. I bet in the next two weeks some dude in Europe has a big grin on his face trying to eloquently monologue his experience in the RS, but in reality it's just another European rubbing something in our face that we don't have yet.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
I honestly would expect to see some first ride reviews soon, but as far as tests or letting the journalists drive the RS I think we are still 3-6 months away.
Ford is trying to develop a "Journalist" key, a step below a "Valet" key, so the journalists won't kill themselves trying to drive the "beast" :D

"beast" = 2015 RS

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Finally got my STi to run right and was playing around a little hitting some "S" turns at 105mph was fun. I wasn't even in sport sharp lol so I was only making maybe 300 whp on sport mode at the time with 332 whp available. Dam the STi can be fun with all that torque. Then I was thinking I really can't wait for the RS. If it's really about 300 whp stock, that's a lot of power to start with. My STi is really quick and fast with the 300 whp map, but the sport sharp map at 332 whp is nutts. If ford could get me 330-350 whp and warranty it ide be fine with that. I really don't need or have enough road to use much more than that. image.jpg With stiffer chassis and suspension and better awd than my GR STi I'm thinking this RS is going to be a LOT OF CAR for the money. Can't wait to sink my ass in those dam seats and auto X the hell out of it and I know it will see two or three track days a year at PIR.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
I bet the stock turbo will flow (outside of it's center efficiency islands) about 50 or 52 pounds a minute and support damn near 400whp, if not 400whp on pump (total speculation of course)

Finally got my STi to run right and was playing around a little hitting some "S" turns at 105mph was fun. I wasn't even in sport sharp lol so I was only making maybe 300 whp on sport mode at the time with 332 whp available. Dam the STi can be fun with all that torque. Then I was thinking I really can't wait for the RS. If it's really about 300 whp stock, that's a lot of power to start with. My STi is really quick and fast with the 300 whp map, but the sport sharp map at 332 whp is nutts. If ford could get me 330-350 whp and warranty it ide be fine with that. I really don't need or have enough road to use much more than that. With stiffer chassis and suspension and better awd than my GR STi I'm thinking this RS is going to be a LOT OF CAR for the money. Can't wait to sink my ass in those dam seats and auto X the hell out of it and I know it will see two or three track days a year at PIR.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
7 Participants
gte
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing